Station Street, South Wigston, Leicester LE18 4TH
- Opened by Birmingham and Midland Motor Omnibus Company Limited
(BMMO—Midland “Red” Motor Services) on 5th October
1957, as an out-station of Southgate Street depot, used depot code: SS.
- Upgraded to a full depot status in late 1960, and allocated
depot code: WS.
- Company renamed to Midland Red Omnibus Company Limited
(MROC) on 29th March 1974, with a depot allocation of
50 vehicles and approximately 148 staff at this time.
- Midland Red Omnibus Company Limited (MROC) ceased trading as bus operator at the end of trading on Saturday 5th September 1981. Midland Red (East) Limited take control of all Wigston Street depot vehicles, staff and operations from Sunday 6th September 1981.
- Midland Red (East) Limited trading as Midland Fox from Sunday 15th January 1984.
- Wigston depot open an outstation in Hinkley to house Ford Transit minibuses used on local services under the brand name “Foxcub”, starting in September 1985.
- Midland Red (East) Limited (trading as “Midland Fox”) privatised as Midland Fox Limited in a management buy-out in August 1987. Two Stevensons of Uttoxeter Limited directors, David Stevenson and Julian Peddle took a 40% company share in Midland Fox Limited.
- Hinkley outstation closed c. June 1990. Operations move to a site acquired with the business of Powner & Waterfield (trading as “NWP Travel”) of Hinkley.
- Stevensons of Uttoxeter Limited, Spath, and the 40% share of Midland Fox Limited owned by David Stevenson and Julian Peddle passed to British Bus Group Limited in June 1994.
- British Bus Group Limited acquired by the Cowie Group PLC on Thursday 1st August 1996.
- Cowie Group PLC renamed to Arriva PLC on Thursday 6th November 1997.
- Midland Fox Limited renamed to Arriva Fox County Limited on Thursday 2nd April 1998.
- Arriva Fox Country Limited renamed to Arriva Midlands Limited on Tuesday 24th October 2006.