Depots and Garages in Leicester
Sandacre Street depot, Leicester
- Opened by Birmingham and Midland Motor Omnibus Company Limited (BMMO—Midland “Red” Motor Services) on Monday 1st February 1937, with an allocation of approx 45 vehicles.
- Allocation of 90 vehicles in 1956.
- Company renamed to Midland Red Omnibus Company Limited (MROC) on Friday 29th March 1974, with a depot allocation of 69 vehicles and approximately 199 staff at this time.
- Depot closed in May 1980, with most services and vehicles moving to Wigston depot.
- Site used as a commercial car park.
- Control of Sandacre Street depot, Leicester, passed to the newly formed Midland Red (East) Limited on Sunday 6th September 1981 when Midland Red Omnibus Company Limited ceased trading as a bus and coach operator. Depot was not operational at this time.
- Company renamed to Midland Fox Limited on 24th January 1984.
- Site reopened as an operating depot by Midland Fox Limited in October 1985 to house a new minibus fleet operating services in Leicester under the name “Foxcub.”
- Closed in September 1996, with administration work moving to Thurmaston.
- Site sold, now in use as a Night Club, named “Zanbibar”