All Services: Timetable Changes
6th September 2015
Hereford depot closed
At the end of operation on Saturday 5th September 2015, Hereford depot was closed with all services operated from that site being withdrawn. From the follow day, a number of services operated from Worcester depot were also changed.
- Service 71, Service 71A and Service 71B are withdrawn, and replaced by Yeomans running to the same timetable.
- Service 72, Service 72A and Service 72B are withdrawn, and replaced by Yeomans running to the same timetable.
- Service 147 is re-routed to run via Madeley Road between Sandly Lane and Farley Lane, thus avoiding the difficult turn accross Sandly Lane between Top Road and Money Lane. The route in Halesowen is changed to run via Manor Way, Hagley Road and Highfield Lane, following requests by passengers, with Mucklow Hill no longer being served.
- New Service 147 timetable, maintaining an hourly-frequency on the full route Monday to Saturday, and a 15-minute frequency between Worcester and Catshill when inter-worked with Service 144 and Service 144A.
- All Service 420 journeys between Hereford and Worcester, and evening Service 420 journeys between Hereford and Bromyard, are withdrawn by First Midland Red Buses Limted. D.R.M. (Bromyard) Limited (â€œDRM Busâ€), who previously operated Service 420 journeys between Bromyard and Hereford, extend their operations to Worcester as a replacement service.
- Afternoon Service 420 return journey between Worcester and Bromyard, operated by Worcester depot, continues to operate. This journey is extended to Flaggoners Green, but no longer serves Whitbourne Bus Shelter on the return journey to Worcester. One return morning journey between Worcester and Flaggoners Green introduced, also operated by Worcester depot.
- Service 453 and Service 454 are withdrawn, and replaced by Yeomans running to the same timetable.
- New Service 561 introduced as a variation to Service 551, running non-direct between Worcester, Pershore and Evesham.
- New Limited Stop Service X50 introduced operating hourly Monday to Saturday, direct between Worcester, Pershore, Evesham, Bidford and Alcester. This new service mostly departs Worcester at times previously operated by Service 550.
- New timetable for Service 551 and Service 561, both of which run every two-hours during the daytime, Monday to Friday, inter-worked to give an hourly frequency on most parts of the route.
- Almost all journeys on Service 550 are withdrawn and replaced by new Limited Stop Service X50. Only a two morning journeys Service 550 between Worcester and Evesham (one in each direction) and one short Pershore Horticultural College to Worcester afternoon journey remain.