Loftus George Wyndham Shire (1885–1963)
- Born Saturday 3rd January 1885, in Lambeth, Surrey
- Voluntary Sapper in the Army from November 1903, promoted to Lieutenant Corporal in December 1904, Corporal in November 1905 and Sergeant in July 1906.
- Transfered to London Division Electrical Engineers from March 1908. Promoted to Company Sergeant-Major by July 1908
- Appointed Manager to Deal and District Motor Omnibus Company (the trading name for BMMO operations in Kent at the time) in 1908.
- Appointed Chief Engineer to Birmingham and Midland Motor Omnibus Company Limited (BMMO—Midland “Red” Motor Services) in 1912.
- Retired April 1940, aged 55. He was succeeded by Mr Donald M Sinclair, who had been Assistant Chief Engineer at Northern General Transport Limited since 1931.
- Died Tuesday 29th January 1963