Website Houskeeping

News and updates for the MidlandRed.net website.
AdamH

Website Houskeeping

Post by AdamH » 11:08 Sunday 3rd December 2023

The website has been very much neglected since I started my new job in September 2021. However, I've been busy this weekend trying to get on top of a few outstanding jobs...

Forum software has been updated to the latest version, which hopefully see some of the bugs fixed. Registrations are now open to new member accounts again, just as a test. I've deleted over 10,000 spam accounts and if they start appearing again I'll have to turn it off again. If you want to register a new account and you're not a spam bot, then now is the time to act!

The link for the Old Forum Archive has now been removed. The software used to run that forum is no longer supported by my web host, so it no longer works at all.

On the main website, support has now been added for Stagecoach West and Oxford Tube vehicles. This is not because I want to move the website away from Midland Red, it's just because I work for those companies and I want somewhere to post my photos. You're free to ignore them if you wish!

Adam.

943KHA

Re: Website Houskeeping

Post by 943KHA » 13:07 Sunday 3rd December 2023

Excellent job Adam, many thanks. I would enjoy 'maintenance' that doesn't involve dirty hand but that's never going to happen!

MattW

Re: Website Houskeeping

Post by MattW » 17:06 Sunday 3rd December 2023

\Excellent work mate, I really don't know how you do it! Totally alien to me!

Return to “Site News & Updates”