Worcestershire On Demand (June 2023)

Subforum for non-Midland Red operators that do not have their own subforums.
DD12

Worcestershire On Demand (June 2023)

Post by DD12 » 18:30 Tuesday 13th June 2023

https://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/news/ ... es-malvern

I shall try-out this new Malvern / Upton / Kempsey service, -- as a NON smart phone person !!
( I have been partially vindicated in my resistance to additional "new" technology, and cost
recently having suffered almost continuous problems with what I've got already !! )

It's early days yet to get adequate info for this new "Malvern" service ( on my laptop -- I have been unable to download the APP ) - but I hope it will be better than the Bromsgrove version, -- zone map not available on the WCC bus travel website ( IE on my laptop, - unless you know better ? )

P.S. One of the operators of this new service is LMS, who have been promising a new website for about two years now, so I'm not the only person who is bad with I.T. !!

JustinTyme

Re: Worcestershire On Demand (June 2023)

Post by JustinTyme » 20:59 Tuesday 13th June 2023

Interesting.

Two strange things to me about this service: -
  • Why are two operators providing the two vehicles required? Could the County Council not contact one operator to provide both?
  • I don't understand the sentence "There’s a flat fare of £2.50 for all journeys per person, with additional passengers paying £1.25 ..." When does the lower fare kick in? Or is it only the unlucky first passenger on the bus who is charged £2.50?

MattW

Post by MattW » 19:17 Wednesday 14th June 2023

The noticeboard outside Welland shop has fairly extensive information on this service, so at least it looks like there has been some effort to get it promoted.

DD12

Post by DD12 » 12:20 Friday 16th June 2023

MattW wrote:
19:17 Wednesday 14th June 2023
The noticeboard outside Welland shop has fairly extensive information on this service, so at least it looks like there has been some effort to get it promoted.
Thanks Matt, - I will try the main Kempsey bus stop and shop, for info.

After working my way through an obstacle course I managed to message the county council and said I would like ALL the information to be available on their website so I can use this service, - I've had a reply which only provides a zone map plus some extra pick-up / drop-off points which are useful to me as I live just outside the zone.

In the cooler weather, I shall try ( by phone ) to book two journeys - "there and back again" !

DD12

Post by DD12 » 12:46 Friday 16th June 2023

JustinTyme wrote:
20:59 Tuesday 13th June 2023
Interesting.

Two strange things to me about this service: -
  • Why are two operators providing the two vehicles required? Could the County Council not contact one operator to provide both?
  • I don't understand the sentence "There’s a flat fare of £2.50 for all journeys per person, with additional passengers paying £1.25 ..." When does the lower fare kick in? Or is it only the unlucky first passenger on the bus who is charged £2.50?
My GUESS, "JT", is that as "Community Action Malvern" already provide two services "CB1 and CB3" ("in conjunction with Worcester Wheels") it was advantageous to use the two operators (?)
And, I IMAGINE that the "additional passengers @£1.25" means if you make a booking for two or more people picking-up at the same point and time ..... ?

:?:

JustinTyme

Post by JustinTyme » 19:58 Friday 16th June 2023

Thanks DD12. Both suggestions make sense!

Return to “Miscellaneous Operators”