Service 44

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
DD12

Service 44

Post by DD12 » 20:26 Wednesday 13th July 2016

Does anyone know the result of the recent DD trial along Avenue Road in Malvern ?
- Adam ? ;)

AdamH

Re: Service 44

Post by AdamH » 21:04 Wednesday 13th July 2016

DD12 wrote:
20:26 Wednesday 13th July 2016
Does anyone know the result of the recent DD trial along Avenue Road in Malvern ?
- Adam ? ;)
Yep. It was decided that the trees have not been cut back enough and there would only be a short period of time before they grow back to a point where vehicles could be damaged. The company is still in talks with the Council on the subject, but I suspect it is unlikely we will see double-decks on that bit of road. It certainly wont be part of the September 2016 changes.

DD12

Post by DD12 » 21:09 Wednesday 13th July 2016

Thanks Adam - :cry: -
can you add a couple of tear-drops to that emoticon !

MattW

Post by MattW » 10:00 Thursday 14th July 2016

I have been out and about in Malvern the last few days and have hardly seen any new vehicles on the 44, just Enviros and X50-liveried Volvos :lol:

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 20:00 Thursday 14th July 2016

I've been to Malvern today, and as a passenger for a change. I've always said the Malvern services are confusing and I managed to prove myself right by getting on the wrong bus!

I caught the 1402 Service 44C to Great Malvern without problem and made good use of the free Wi-Fi during the journey. My meeting ended at about 1545 and I walked to the nearest stop on Graham road to see when the next 44C back to Worcester would be and decided it was a long wait so I walked to Church Street to check the times of the 44... Just missed one!

It was a nice day so I decided to walk down Avenue and catch the next 44C from there, and I was almost at Barnards Green when that went past. No problem, there will be a 44 soon and a few minutes later a StreetDeck turned up. On I got only to discover it was a short working to the Retail Park! OK, I was a bit hungry so I'll grab a McDonalds and get the next one to Worcester. Hadn't finished my burger in time so missed that but got back to the stop in time for the next one... Also a short working and about to turn round and go back to Great Malvern :roll:

There are only two short workings and I managed to find both of them! :(

Finally found a bus going to Worcester and got home safely in the end. Every bus I saw was either a StreetLite Max or StreetDeck so they had the correct allocations today. I just can't help thinking that it was too much hard work, and we really need to make things easier for people.

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”