First Group to be split and sold off.

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
bmmoboy
Posts: 207
Joined: 20:02 Tuesday 5th July 2016

Re: First Group to be split and sold off.

Post by bmmoboy » 16:17 Wednesday 3rd July 2019

New MRW Livery 02.jpg
DD12 - How about this?

DD12
Posts: 1075
Joined: 19:49 Monday 4th July 2016

Re: First Group to be split and sold off.

Post by DD12 » 18:33 Wednesday 3rd July 2019

bmmoboy wrote:
16:17 Wednesday 3rd July 2019
New MRW Livery 02.jpg
DD12 - How about this?
That's quite good bmmoboy !!
Of course, IF NXWM took us over, we might get some E400s !

DD12
Posts: 1075
Joined: 19:49 Monday 4th July 2016

Re: First Group to be split and sold off.

Post by DD12 » 19:00 Wednesday 3rd July 2019

P.S. -- Does anyone know of any advantages in having GO Ahead takeover WR ??

(The only one I can think of is, it would be better than Rotala / Diamond !!)

bmmoboy
Posts: 207
Joined: 20:02 Tuesday 5th July 2016

Re: First Group to be split and sold off.

Post by bmmoboy » 20:14 Wednesday 3rd July 2019

How about Johnsons of Henley?

DD12
Posts: 1075
Joined: 19:49 Monday 4th July 2016

Re: First Group to be split and sold off.

Post by DD12 » 21:01 Wednesday 3rd July 2019

bmmoboy wrote:
20:14 Wednesday 3rd July 2019
How about Johnsons of Henley?
That's a NICE idea, bmmoboy ! ( - Better than Yeomans !)

In the extremely unlikely event that they would be interested, ( - even if they won £100 million on Euromillions), I wonder if they would be allowed (by the competition authorities) to take over Astons also.
:P

TimBrown
Posts: 566
Joined: 05:59 Monday 4th July 2016
Location: Worcester

Re: First Group to be split and sold off.

Post by TimBrown » 04:57 Thursday 4th July 2019

DD12 wrote:
19:00 Wednesday 3rd July 2019
P.S. -- Does anyone know of any advantages in having GO Ahead takeover WR ??

(The only one I can think of is, it would be better than Rotala / Diamond !!)
No idea how Go Ahead perform, nor where their buses operated, so this link to bus operation website was of interest; hope it helps members to assess possible effect on Worcester area services if Go Ahead took over.
https://www.go-ahead.com/en/our-companies/bus.html

DD12
Posts: 1075
Joined: 19:49 Monday 4th July 2016

Re: First Group to be split and sold off.

Post by DD12 » 10:30 Thursday 4th July 2019

TimBrown wrote:
04:57 Thursday 4th July 2019
DD12 wrote:
19:00 Wednesday 3rd July 2019
P.S. -- Does anyone know of any advantages in having GO Ahead takeover WR ??

(The only one I can think of is, it would be better than Rotala / Diamond !!)
No idea how Go Ahead perform, nor where their buses operated, so this link to bus operation website was of interest; hope it helps members to assess possible effect on Worcester area services if Go Ahead took over.
https://www.go-ahead.com/en/our-companies/bus.html
Interesting link, - thanks Tim.

ANDREW
Posts: 309
Joined: 00:38 Monday 4th July 2016
Location: Bromsgrove.

Re: First Group to be split and sold off.

Post by ANDREW » 11:37 Thursday 4th July 2019

DD12 wrote:
19:00 Wednesday 3rd July 2019
P.S. -- Does anyone know of any advantages in having GO Ahead takeover WR ??

Purely for the reason that it rhymes . . . . . Go Ahead - Midland Red. :D :shock: :lol: 8-)

x68
Posts: 17
Joined: 23:21 Monday 11th July 2016

Re: First Group to be split and sold off.

Post by x68 » 12:10 Thursday 4th July 2019

did go ahead take over diamond a few years ago before selling to Rotala

bmmoboy
Posts: 207
Joined: 20:02 Tuesday 5th July 2016

Re: First Group to be split and sold off.

Post by bmmoboy » 14:17 Thursday 4th July 2019

DD12- I like the rhyme - that's why I put it on the fleetname.

Who knows what is going to happen, if I could predict the future I would win the lottery every week!!!! But I do hope we get a buyer who is interested in running a bus service, and not just making money for shareholders.

Post Reply

Return to “Fleet Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests