Sites in Worcester
Heron Lodge, London Road, Worcester, WR5 2EU
- Large house within approx 2-acres of land on Larkhill Road, off London Road, Worcester. Built c. 1823–1828, with Grade-II listed building status from Saturday 22nd May 1954.
- Leased by Midland Red (West) Limited from 1983.
- Site used by Midland Red (West) Limited as company headquarters and registered offices, replacing the previous headquarters in Edgar Street. Outbuildings (originally horse stables) used for storage and a bus-stop workshop.
- On Monday 22nd December 1986, Midland Red (West) Limited and Midland Red Coaches Limited are privatised and sold by National Bus Campany in a simultaneous bid by the management team from Midland Red (West) Limited led by the General Manager, Mr Ken Mills. The operations and assets of both companies pass to the newly formed Midland Red West Holdings Limited, and the official company name of Midland Red (West) Limited is changed to Midland Red West Limited (without brackets around the word 'West'). Heron Lodge site becomes company headquarters and registered offices for Midland Red West Holdings Limited, Midland Red West Limited and Midland Red Coaches Limited from this time.
- Midland Red West Limited renamed to First Midland Red Buses Limited on Friday 26th March 1999.
- 25-year lease expired in May 2008, with site vacated by First Midland Red Buses Limited at this time. New headquarters established in Bromsgrove.
- House and land sold to a developer c. 2010 with an asking price of around £2,000,000.
- House re-developed into four large luxury residential apartments by 2015.