Depots and Garages in Wellington
Mansell Street garage, Wellington (Shrewsbury depot outstation)
- Site rented from the Wellington Transport Company Limited.
- Opened by Birmingham and Midland Motor Omnibus Company Limited (BMMO—Midland “Red” Motor Services) on Friday 9th July 1926, as an outstation, or “dormy garage,” of Shrewsbury depot.
- Initial allocation of three Tilling-Stevens TS3 single-deck buses.
- Closed in July 1932, with all vehicles and operations passing to new purpose built site at Charlton Street.
Charlton Street depot, Wellington (depot code: WL)
- Opened by Birmingham and Midland Motor Omnibus Company Limited (BMMO—Midland “Red” Motor Services) on Thursday 21st July 1932, with an initial allocation of 11 vehicles previously used at the Mansell Street site.
- Rebuilt in September 1953.
- Company renamed to Midland Red Omnibus Company Limited
(MROC) on 29th March 1974, with a depot allocation
of 62 vehicles and approximately 129 staff at this time.
- Depot control passed to Midland Red (North) Limited when
the Midland Red Omnibus Company Limited split up on 6th September
- Outstation at Stanmore Industrial Estate, Bridgnorth, open on 1st September 1986 to house six vehicles.
- Midland Red (North) Limited is privatised and sold to Drawlane Transport Group Limited on 27th January 1988. Drawlane Transport Group was later acquired by British Bus Group Limited.
- British Bus Group Limited acquired by the Cowie Group plc on 1st August 1996.
- Cowie Group plc renamed to Arriva plc on 6th November 1997, with the Midland Red North operations becoming Arriva Midlands North Limited soon after.
- Site closed by Arriva in April 2012, with all services and operations moving to a new site in Stafford Park, Telford.
- Building demolished from summer 2015.