Birmingham (Sheepcote Street) depot
Sheepcote Street, Edgbaston, Birmingham
- Steel framed, brick built garage incorporating offices, stores, workshops and a canteen, with a capacity for 40 vehicles indoors, and 30 parked outdoors.
- Site previously occupied by British Road Services.
- Opened by Birmingham and Midland Motor Omnibus Company Limited (BMMO—Midland “Red” Motor Services) on Sunday 19th August 1951, as an outstation of Birmingham (Digbeth) depot, using depot code: DH. Initial allocation was 34 double-deck buses and 4 coaches.
- Upgraded to full depot status in November 1961, and allocated
the depot code: SH.
- Depot allocation of 23 vehicles in February 1967, made up of
19 double-deck and 3 single-deck buses, with 1 coach.
- Full control of the depot, along with all staff and vehicles,
passed to the West Midland Passenger Transport Executive
(WMPTE) on 3rd December 1973, as part of the transfer
of services in the West Midlands County.
See the “Transfer of BMMO Services and Assets to the West Midlands PTE”
page in the “History”
section of this website for further details of the transfer.
- Closed by West Midland PTE on Saturday 15th November 1975.
- Site rented to West Midlands Police during early 1980s.
- Area extensively redeveloped during the late 1980s and early 1990s, site demolished and no trace now remains.