6 Birmingham Road, Dudley (depot code: DY)
- Two bay, steel-framed red brick garage, purpose built by Birmingham and Midland Motor Omnibus Company Limited (BMMO—Midland “Red” Motor Services), with a capacity for 50 vehicles.
- Opened on Friday 2nd August 1929.
- Full control of the depot, along with all staff and vehicles, passed to the West Midland Passenger Transport Executive (WMPTE) on Monday 3rd December 1973, as part of the transfer of services in the West Midlands County.
See the “Transfer of BMMO Services and Assets to the West Midlands PTE” page in the “History” section of this website for further details of the transfer.
- Dudley depot closed on Saturday 28th August 1993. Operations moved to new depot at Pensnett.
- Buildings demolished by 1999, now the site of a roundabout on the Dudley bypass.