Service W2: Timetable Changes
4th September 2005
On Sunday 4th September 2005, First Midland Red Buses Limited introduced a number of significant changes across all of their operating area. Many of these are the result of changes to contracts issued by Worcestershire County Council and include the launch of “Worcester Express” network to expand and replace the Worcester North Park+Ride Services, and the withdrawal of Malvern area “FlexiLINK” and “EasyLINK” services.
- New “Worcester Express” network is launched to expand and replace the Worcester North Park+Ride Services. The Park+Ride service between Worcester City Centre and Perdiswell Park+Ride site is replaced by new Service W1, while alternate circular journeys that continue to Warndon, Worcestershire Royal Hospital, Shrub Hill and Worcester City Centre are new Service W2 (clockwise), with journeys in the opposite direction are new Service W3 (anti-clockwise).
- New “Worcester Express” Service W2 and Service W3 operate as Limited Stop between Worcester City Centre, Shrub Hill and Worcestershire Royal Hospital. Evening and Sunday journeys replace local Worcester Service 31 journeys on this section of the route, and these journeys call at all stops and additionally run via Canterbury Road.
- Local Worcester Service 36 is withdrawn and directly replaced by new “Worcester Express” Service W2 and Service W3.
- Local Worcester Service 37 is rerouted at Warndon Villages to run a circular route via Dugdale Drive. New “Worcester Express” Service W2 and Service W3 provide a replacement service along Hastings Drive at an improved frequency.
- Under 19 and OAP passengers travel for free on new “Worcester Express” Service W1, Service W2 and Service W3.
18th September 2005
- “Worcester Express” Service W2 and Service W3 journeys that do not operate as Limited Stop (running on Sundays and during the morning and evening off-peak period on other days) are renumbered to new Service 22 and Service 23. These journeys also run via Canterbury Road and normal Worcester City fares apply for children and OAPs (under 19s and OAP continue to travel for free on “Worcester Express” Service W1, Service W2 and Service W3).