Service 417: Timetable Changes
6th January 1990
Timetable changes from Saturday 6th January 1990.
- Service 417 Cradley (Finchers Corner) to Worcester (Sixth Form College) journey departing at 07:53 on Monday to Friday no longer continues to Battenhall Convent and Sixth Form College. This journey now terminates at Angel Place at 08:33.
9th September 1991
Angel Place Bus Station closedShow All
At the end of operations on Sunday 8th September 1991, Angel Place Bus Station in Worcester is closed and all services are re-routed to the new Crowngate Bus Station.
- Most Service 417 journeys now start and finish in the new Crowngate Bus Station, but certain journeys continue to start or finish in Newport Street Bus Station and call at Crowngate on route.
6th September 2004
Changes made to a number of services in the Worcester area, starting from Monday 6th September 2004.
- Five-year contract to operate the remaining Service 417 journeys between Worcester, Cradley and Ledbury is passed to First Midland Red Buses Limited from Bromyard Omnibus Company.
31st August 2008
- Service 417 no longer operates the schooldays only variation via Wellington Heath. All journeys now run direct between Bosbury and Ledbury.
3rd September 2017
New Herefordshire contracts (“Village Links”)Show All
From Sunday 3rd September 2017, First Midland Red Buses Limited started operating new services in the Bromyard and Ledbury areas as part of a new 7-year contract won under tendering from Herefordshire Council. First Midland Red market these new services with the brand name “Village Links” and all the routes are advertised in a new 14-page timetable.
- Service 417 introduced running between Worcester, Cradley, Bosbury and Ledbury, on Mondays to Saturdays. Three return journeys are operated on schooldays with an additional journey on non-school days. This service was previously operated by Astons Coaches of Kempsey.
1st January 2018
Minor “Village Links” Network changeShow All
- Service 417 no longer operates the variation around Forge Bank in Bosbury. All journeys now run direct via B4220 through Bosbury.
14th May 2018
“Village Links” network changesShow All
- New timetable for Service 417 with most journeys running up to 10-minutes later throughout the route. An additional short-working journey between Ledbury and Cradley (Buryfields) is added on Tuesdays and Fridays on School days only.
9th June 2018
- New Service 418 is introduced as a variation to Service 417, running direct between Ledbury, Bosbury, Leigh Sinton and Worcester, omitting Cradley Village and Rushwick. This service is intended for the benefit of seasonal worker based near Bosbury.