Next Service changes

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
bmmoboy

Next Service changes

Post by bmmoboy » 19:59 Thursday 14th May 2020

Starting shortly, Either 25th May or 1st June, there will be an increased service operated at Worcester. It is due to be around 70-75% of normal service, to cater for the expected rise in ridership due to the relaxation of the lockdown. Amongst some of the changes that have been mooted are the 35 being increased to a 5 minute service as only around 10 passengers are allowed on a large single deck vehicle to comply with social distancing rules, the increased frequency is hoped to cater for the expected influx of passengers. A few years ago there was a 7/8 minute timetable. Other services are due to be returned to near normal frequency, I will advise further details when available. However, to cater for these changes, the engineers are expected to return to normal working to ensure that the vehicles that have been laid up for almost 2 months are ready for the road, including getting the changed from SORN status to taxed.

DD12

Re: Next Service changes

Post by DD12 » 22:42 Thursday 14th May 2020

Thanks v.much bmmoboy for that news.
It will be of interest to me to see how many (if any) DDs will be used to help social distancing of passengers.

I cannot think of any school / college services (or times) that will need DDs until September
(?)
- Good Health everyone !!

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 09:04 Friday 15th May 2020

Stagecoach West planning something similar from June 1st. All the double-decks that have been SORD are being inspected and made ready to go back on the road.

DD12

Post by DD12 » 14:21 Friday 15th May 2020

AdamH wrote:
09:04 Friday 15th May 2020
Stagecoach West planning something similar from June 1st. All the double-decks that have been SORD are being inspected and made ready to go back on the road.
Thanks for that info Adam, but it 's looking likely that I won't be able to justify taking any scenic DD rides for a long time !!
:(

WR1st

Post by WR1st » 14:53 Friday 15th May 2020

National Express West Midlands also 75% from May 24 and further increases weekly after that if required :shock:

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 09:26 Monday 18th May 2020

Can anyone remember the exact dates the Ledbury Market Day services were withdrawn? I seem to remember the 481 was cut first, with the others following a week or two later. I didn't think to note it at the time, and I think I should update the main website before we all forget!

JustinTyme

Post by JustinTyme » 22:05 Monday 18th May 2020

From what I've been able to find out from Omnibus Society sources, although this is not totally confirmed, it looks like the 481 was suspended with effect from 23 March and the other services with effect from 6 April.

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 19:21 Tuesday 19th May 2020

That's probably more accurate than me guessing, thanks.

Matt560Breese

Post by Matt560Breese » 08:09 Wednesday 20th May 2020

Looking at Diamonds Website they have took this opertunity to piss people off the 303 will not be reinstated from the 1st of June so that means with the fact the 295 no longer runs and no 303 there is no buses to Kidderiminster leaving hartelbury and ombersley with out a service

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 09:32 Wednesday 20th May 2020

Matt560Breese wrote:
08:09 Wednesday 20th May 2020
Looking at Diamonds Website they have took this opertunity to piss people off the 303 will not be reinstated from the 1st of June so that means with the fact the 295 no longer runs and no 303 there is no buses to Kidderiminster leaving hartelbury and ombersley with out a service
Matt, I agree entirely, but the writing was on the wall when the 303 was 'suspended' back in early April when all other routes were cut by just 50% to obtain the full government subsidy. I wrote to my local County Councillor who seemed to side with Simon Dunn CEO of Diamond who claimed no-one had questioned his action, despite only giving a couple of days withdrawal notice and most passengers being OAP pass holders who had been cowed/frightened by HM Government into self isolating as they were, and are, most at risk! Also, I don't understand why the Ombersley County Councillor didn't raise 'merry hell' at the time.

Despite the risks (and living any kind of life has risks, you know; walking on a pavement, driving a car or bus, decorating and gardening for example) I think we should all get back to normal ASAP because Government subsidies won't last much longer and rail and bus services are just not profitable with only 10 passengers per bus or carriage, especially when the public find out how much income tax and VAT is going up to pay for Covid 19 subsidies to transport, the unemployed and those on 80% furlough. Happy days!

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”