Darts on the move?

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
bmmoboy
Posts: 207
Joined: 20:02 Tuesday 5th July 2016

Darts on the move?

Post by bmmoboy » 22:59 Friday 11th October 2019

According to a post on Facebook, 42893/4 are due to go to South Wales this weekend.

User avatar
AdamH
Posts: 1642
Joined: 12:17 Sunday 3rd July 2016
Location: Worcester
Contact:

Re: Darts on the move?

Post by AdamH » 09:45 Saturday 12th October 2019

I'm told both were officially withdrawn at Worcester by yesterday morning.

willr7
Posts: 383
Joined: 21:53 Friday 11th August 2017

Re: Darts on the move?

Post by willr7 » 13:51 Saturday 12th October 2019

bmmoboy wrote:
22:59 Friday 11th October 2019
According to a post on Facebook, 42893/4 are due to go to South Wales this weekend.
I suppose the timing fits as there will be a drop in the PVR from Sunday allowing them to depart! :(

BusTimes backs this up as it shows they were both used yesterday (but not been out today) and 42892 was last used on Wednesday which prompts me to ask whether 42892 has left early or is it off the road?

Any new news on the Citaro's or Solo's for the 31? I'm thinking we may bot receive the whole remaining batch of the Citaro's considering the new drop in PVR?

Is it a total reduction of 5 vehicles at WR?

DD12
Posts: 1075
Joined: 19:49 Monday 4th July 2016

Re: Darts on the move?

Post by DD12 » 17:48 Saturday 12th October 2019

There is a freshly repainted Solo in the garage with the regn. letters CEV.

The "decoration" was yet to be applied to the "purply" colour scheme ( - looked "purply" underneath the garage lighting !)

willr7
Posts: 383
Joined: 21:53 Friday 11th August 2017

Re: Darts on the move?

Post by willr7 » 19:07 Saturday 12th October 2019

DD12 wrote:
17:48 Saturday 12th October 2019
There is a freshly repainted Solo in the garage with the regn. letters CEV.

The "decoration" was yet to be applied to the "purply" colour scheme ( - looked "purply" underneath the garage lighting !)
Fantastic! That would be 53065 - YJ58 CEV. An odd choice if it is purple considering the Nimrod 35 is based on a purple/pink base too! Could make things confusing... :? :lol:

swanseaburrows
Posts: 1
Joined: 14:38 Sunday 13th October 2019

Re: Darts on the move?

Post by swanseaburrows » 14:39 Sunday 13th October 2019

42894 was parked at Ravenhill depot (First Cymru/South Wales) today.

Charliedaffin
Posts: 106
Joined: 08:32 Monday 29th October 2018
Location: St johns

Re: Darts on the move?

Post by Charliedaffin » 20:47 Sunday 13th October 2019

Whilst looking for our new solo on uk buses i noticed an order of e400 cities and i just wondered if any of these were for us? https://www.ukbuses.co.uk/fleet/firsteastengland.pdf

JustinTyme
Posts: 65
Joined: 20:20 Monday 4th July 2016
Location: Solihull

Re: Darts on the move?

Post by JustinTyme » 20:56 Sunday 13th October 2019

Charliedaffin wrote:
20:47 Sunday 13th October 2019
Whilst looking for our new solo on uk buses i noticed an order of e400 cities and i just wondered if any of these were for us? https://www.ukbuses.co.uk/fleet/firsteastengland.pdf
Do you mean Scania/E400 City 36901 - 36919? I'm not sure but I think these may well be for First Eastern Counties for the XL/X1 Perterborough - Norwich and Norwich - Great Yarmouth services - replacing the existing 63-reg ADL E400s.

DD12
Posts: 1075
Joined: 19:49 Monday 4th July 2016

Re: Darts on the move?

Post by DD12 » 22:17 Sunday 13th October 2019

JustinTyme wrote:
20:56 Sunday 13th October 2019
Charliedaffin wrote:
20:47 Sunday 13th October 2019
Whilst looking for our new solo on uk buses i noticed an order of e400 cities and i just wondered if any of these were for us? https://www.ukbuses.co.uk/fleet/firsteastengland.pdf
Do you mean Scania/E400 City 36901 - 36919? I'm not sure but I think these may well be for First Eastern Counties for the XL/X1 Perterborough - Norwich and Norwich - Great Yarmouth services - replacing the existing 63-reg ADL E400s.
I think you are right JT !! -- -- they seem to me to have been "on order" for ages !!
Also I would bet £169 million that Worcester will not even get the E400s !!

Mechwr26
Posts: 73
Joined: 22:30 Sunday 7th August 2016

Re: Darts on the move?

Post by Mechwr26 » 22:45 Sunday 13th October 2019

Yes, 42893 and 42894 made their way to Swansea today. 42892 is staying at Worcester until the new Solo is mot tested and 53062 gets it's new coat of paint

Post Reply

Return to “Fleet Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests