Redbeck Rally and Running Day

Discussions about the Bus and Coach Preservation scene for Midland "Red" Motor Services and related companies.
Julie

Post by Julie » 14:36 Thursday 16th May 2019

Apologies for the blatant advertisement, but it would be great so see MidlandRed.net members at the Redbeck Rally and Running Day on 30th June 2019 to help us celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the opening of the Dewsbury Bus Museum.

[attachment=0]Redbeck Poster green pic.PNG[/attachment]
Attachments
Redbeck Poster green pic.PNG

Matt560Breese

Re: Redbeck Rally and Running Day

Post by Matt560Breese » 23:34 Friday 24th May 2019

We could See if i could borrow the VR if members were intrested in going to this as a group

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 06:33 Saturday 25th May 2019

Is the VR fast enough to make it all the way there in one day? 🤣

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 08:43 Saturday 25th May 2019

AdamH wrote:
06:33 Saturday 25th May 2019
Is the VR fast enough to make it all the way there in one day? 🤣
The shortest distance from Stroud via M5, M42 and M1 is 175 miles so probably take 6 hours plus a break at an average of 30 MPH so it would need to be a two day trip with overnight accommodation, maybe a three day trip if you want to avoid motorways! That 40 MPH top speed is a bit restrictive on long journeys. Probably easier to take a couple of cars (or more) as it would take about three hours at 60 MPH average. Then the question would be, is there safe 'cheap' parking at the other end close to the rally site and can my blue badge be used on site for disabled parking?

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 10:07 Saturday 25th May 2019

I didn’t do the maths but as soon as I read Matt’s post I knew it would be a long day.. maybe request the 25-year E400 as it will sit at 55 on the motorway all day and the heavy duty Scania chassis is more relaxing to drive.

Julie

Post by Julie » 22:21 Thursday 30th May 2019

Hi All,

It would be great to see you all, regardless of what you come it. Parking is available on the site if you come by car but we would appreciate a "long distance" bus as well.

If you are interested, there is a Megabus service from Brunel Street, Birmingham leaving at 06:35 (returning at 17:45) which connects at Leeds City Bus Station to one of our free feeder services. The feeder is scheduled to be operated by a certain green and grey Leyland Tiger that some of you may be familiar with....

The currently advertised price on the Megabus website is £2.05 outbound and £5.00 return but remember what Fred Pontin used to say. Staff discount is available Adam!

Best Regards,

Julie Aylward

Return to “Preservation”