Autumn 2018 service changes/cuts

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
AdamH

Re: Autumn 2018 service changes/cuts

Post by AdamH » 15:06 Friday 24th August 2018

DD12 wrote:
13:55 Friday 24th August 2018
- "looks like" a blueprint for a new generation South Worcestershire / MIDLAND RED minibus network ! --
?? :?:

DD12

Post by DD12 » 17:38 Friday 24th August 2018

AdamH wrote:
15:06 Friday 24th August 2018
DD12 wrote:
13:55 Friday 24th August 2018
- "looks like" a blueprint for a new generation South Worcestershire / MIDLAND RED minibus network ! --
?? :?:
Just kicking ideas about -- -- it was perfectly ok to travel by bus in the 1960's
when I was a kid, and I know a lot has changed since then, but it now looks to me like the continuous cut-backs over the years (despite dramatically growing population and density) have been a kind of madness !!

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 11:00 Friday 31st August 2018

There must still be a little cash left in the transport budget as a brand new bus departure screen has replaced the old one in Bromsgrove bus station. The new one is three time bigger [ deeper] than the old one so plenty for the yobs to aim for . . . . :roll:

DD12

Post by DD12 » 14:13 Wednesday 5th September 2018

The revised new timetable for the 363 (with the extra journeys) is now on the company's website.
https://www.firstgroup.com/worcestershi ... &source=sp

Also, as already mentioned, anyone living in Earls Croome, Kinnersley, and Severn Stoke, who catches the 09.05 332 from Upton to Worcester, will have to spend 4 hours and 45 minutes in Worcester -- -- or pay for a taxi one-way (£££).
-- AND presumably, with OAP passes not available on the 09.05 (?)

-- can anyone tell me what the cheapest ticket will be, on this journey, please
-- is there a SINGLE available, or will it be the County Day ticket at £6 ??

marck

Post by marck » 18:39 Wednesday 5th September 2018

Also, as already mentioned, anyone living in Earls Croome, Kinnersley, and Severn Stoke, who catches the 09.05 332 from Upton to Worcester, will have to spend 4 hours and 45 minutes in Worcester -- -- or pay for a taxi one-way (£££).
-- AND presumably, with OAP passes not available on the 09.05 (?)

It does say on that timetable English Concession Passes are valid throughout this journey. So no need to worry DD12

Noggin1

Post by Noggin1 » 07:05 Thursday 6th September 2018

The 363 timetable is better than I expected. It has been suggested that it is on a trial six months. I agree with DD12'S previous suggestion that the 363 ought to be linked to the 32 service to Baynhall. Longer term that may be the way to serve Upton, Welland and Hanley. Adam pointed out that historically the 363 wasn't much of service. The good reason for that was that it wasn't viable. Running a 363 as a service to Upton costs a lot of money. Running on from Baynhall to Upton takes, absolutely directly, 12 minutes.

I've been hoping for an 'Upton deal' on the Fifties but it looks like it's not coming. Pershore is different to Upton in that it and Drakes Broughton have the X50, though some people have a long walk to catch it. Littleworth and Eckington have some service, not particularly good, but from Wyre to Evesham the villages have virtually nothing.

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 09:01 Thursday 6th September 2018

Historically all the Upton traffic used the A38 routes. This died almost overnight when a size limit was imposed on the bridge at Upton while work was being done. Buses were forced to terminate at Ryall and the Council provided a small minibus to offer connections. The closure lasted for several months. This was hugely unpopular and passengers moved to the 363 which was being run by Aston’s at the time (I think). At the same time Council contracts were up for renewal this was back when they sent people out on buses to count numbers and talk to passengers. For weeks they were getting very lonely on the A38 routes while the 363 was overflowing. The results were obvious, the A38 routes were cut back to Baynhall and extra 363 journeys were added. It has never recovered.

DD12

Post by DD12 » 18:59 Thursday 6th September 2018

DD12 wrote:
14:13 Wednesday 5th September 2018

I travelled on the 332 today, and I asked the driver, and he told me the SINGLE journey ticket is still available @ £3.

Two things in defence of my apparent stupidity --
(1) - I only usually buy County Day Tickets,
and (2) - There is no mention of SINGLES on the company website -- except for the 10-pack.
There's also no mention on the website, of Day Return Tickets, although presumably these still exist ??

Ironically, also today, I went into a pub and asked the bar-girl for a SINGLE scotch, but asked how much it would be first -- -- she checked the modern till and said "sorry we don't do singles" -- luckily another member of staff came to the rescue ! :lol:

DD12

Post by DD12 » 21:37 Friday 14th September 2018

Waiting in Upton today for the 15.40 332, I saw the school-time 363 going the opposite way "rammed-full" with kids, IE standees, and although I think some of them got off in the town centre, there were about 6 people waiting to get on.
- Could this get changed to a DD again I wonder ?

AND, back in Worcester, I saw that the college-term 363 coming down the London Road was two-thirds to three-quarters full.

- I don't know how many got off at Crowngate, but starting from next week, this will be the only bus to Upton at around 16.45 - - it will be very ironic -- in light of the service cuts, if this single-decker gets "rammed-full", especially on the run-up to Xmas !

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 08:43 Saturday 15th September 2018

Last day for a lot of journeys. I have a 373 later so I’ll be saying goodbye to the Graftons for the last time!

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”