FMR Mercedes Citaro acquisitions

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
willr7

Re: FMR Mercedes Citaro acquisitions

Post by willr7 » 07:47 Friday 22nd June 2018

Good thinking, yes I can see one of the plaxton s in red!

MattW

Post by MattW » 18:00 Friday 22nd June 2018

Rich82 wrote:
23:26 Thursday 21st June 2018
willr7 wrote:
22:22 Thursday 21st June 2018
As the heritage Enviro will be replaced, how bout having one of the Mercedes in the heritage livery? ;) (However, I don’t think it would suit one of these buses myself)
I agree on that that done think it would on the Mercedes but maybe on the Plaxtons
66691 ;)

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 18:24 Friday 22nd June 2018

willr7 wrote:
22:22 Thursday 21st June 2018
As the heritage Enviro will be replaced, how bout having one of the Mercedes in the heritage livery? ;) (However, I don’t think it would suit one of these buses myself)
Found this on the internet, and reckon a Citaro looks quite well in red! However, red seems to look good on most modern buses.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... y_2009.JPG

jagz232

Post by jagz232 » 19:57 Friday 22nd June 2018

Personally speaking I think it should be one of the 63*** Streetlites as most have been Worcester buses all their life apart from the mix up when some went to Leicester as much as it would be good seeing a thorntorns brand new refurbished citaro or a Barbie 3 Paxton which yes I agree needs a repaint however they are old veolia buses and the citaro have been all over the South I just thinking we want to commemorate Midland red we need a always Worcester bus which got me thinking how about 63358 as it will need a refurb/repaint anyway after the crash on the cross and it is still in store.. makes sence to me.. don't know about others ;)

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 08:34 Saturday 23rd June 2018

jagz232 wrote:
19:57 Friday 22nd June 2018
Personally speaking I think it should be one of the 63*** Streetlites as most have been Worcester buses all their life apart from the mix up when some went to Leicester as much as it would be good seeing a thorntorns brand new refurbished citaro or a Barbie 3 Paxton which yes I agree needs a repaint however they are old veolia buses and the citaro have been all over the South I just thinking we want to commemorate Midland red we need a always Worcester bus which got me thinking how about 63358 as it will need a refurb/repaint anyway after the crash on the cross and it is still in store.. makes sence to me.. don't know about others ;)
A Streetlite looks better than I thought in this link, but bear in mind these buses are not very popular with passengers and drivers due to their snatching, jerky nature;
https://southernenglandbus.smugmug.com/ ... -4VgxqFP/A

DD12

Post by DD12 » 00:10 Saturday 11th August 2018

Now that service cuts are due, I'm wondering how many (if ANY) of these will actually materialise !
So far, on flickr, I haven't seen any photos of these at Thorntons (etc) -
BUT, the planned service cuts might help release capital for the work to begin, if it hasn't already (?)
(I think Adam may have told us they were waiting for seat upholstery fabric).

I've never been totally happy about WR receiving the older ones, and now, if we do NOT, we might not get the newer ones either --
- because of the reason Adam has already given us -- the overhead costs of type training for the mechanics, and a basic stock of minor spare parts (??).

What First do next / soon, for vehicle replacements at WR, MIGHT be an indication as to whether they expect to sell or keep FMR !

(Giles Fearnley might be as uncertain as I am, and the "Wise Woman" down at Fresh Fruits in the Shambles, doesn't know, either !! :D )

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 08:22 Saturday 11th August 2018

I have seen an updated design graphics for the new 35 route livery within the last week, and it was shown on a Citaro...

DD12

Post by DD12 » 10:34 Saturday 11th August 2018

AdamH wrote:
08:22 Saturday 11th August 2018
I have seen an updated design graphics for the new 35 route livery within the last week, and it was shown on a Citaro...
Thanks Adam, that settles that then :D

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 17:13 Saturday 11th August 2018

The "Employee Director" was at Crowngate canteen on Thursday and said that the Citaros will be painted in "Elgar" livery for Worcester services, he was however, not able to give details of the colours or scheme.

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 18:29 Saturday 11th August 2018

Well that secret didn't last long! :roll:

Return to “Fleet Discussion”