CHAOS soon likely !!

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
DD12

CHAOS soon likely !!

Post by DD12 » 16:32 Monday 7th May 2018

Chaos soon likely on the roads and on the buses, as a section of Worcester's
southern link road A4440, is to close for a week, from 8PM on May 24th, to 6AM on June 1st (between Norton and Whittington roundabouts).

London Road, Bath Road, and Sidbury, are just some of the roads likely to get jammed-up.

My guess is that there will still be only two lanes open at the New Road roadworks (?)

The build-backs and jams look likely to wreck the bus timetables, including at all the far-flung places that are linked to Worcester (as the centre of the network).

- Just when the Real Time info provided by Worcestershire county council, should be extremely useful and helpful, it appears to me to be only partially useful - IF one of the "count-down" (in minutes) entries shows there is a bus coming at a time that is usable by the hopeful passenger !

("Gloom and Doom -- We are all going to die !" ) :mrgreen:

AdamH

Re: CHAOS soon likely !!

Post by AdamH » 17:02 Monday 7th May 2018

I'm glad I'll be far from Worcester working the Hay Festival during that week!

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 08:37 Tuesday 8th May 2018

The road works at New Road should be finished by the time the Southern Link road is closed, it is due to finish over the weekend

DD12

Post by DD12 » 10:41 Tuesday 8th May 2018

bmmoboy wrote:
08:37 Tuesday 8th May 2018
The road works at New Road should be finished by the time the Southern Link road is closed, it is due to finish over the weekend
Yes, thanks bmmoboy, I've just seen the Worcester News article about it.
(When I went past it very recently, - I would have said - - "No Way !" ).

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 10:51 Thursday 10th May 2018

At last someone at the Council has used their brains - the week concerned is half term holidays - so there will be less vehicles on the road. However, it will still cause considerable disruption.

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”