.... and now Bewdley !

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
DD12

.... and now Bewdley !

Post by DD12 » 13:45 Friday 13th April 2018

SORRY .... NOT First, - but Coniston Coaches.

As well as gaining the 294 from next Monday, they are replacing the 295 with the 296 - - 4 off-peak journeys a day (Mon-Sat) between Worcester, Stourport, and Bewdley ( - And 4 back again) !

Brilliant stuff !! -- I for one, will be using this :)

(I hope this facility will be properly promoted and publicised, but of course that is the "Achilles heel" of far too many bus services !)

Ridercross

Re: .... and now Bewdley !

Post by Ridercross » 11:05 Sunday 15th April 2018

(I hope this facility will be properly promoted and publicised, but of course that is the "Achilles heel" of far too many bus services !)

Indeed, sadly too many smaller bus companies don't have the resources for publicity, and many Councils including Worcestershire don't have resources either anymore.

It would be nice to have seen these changes all over social media, with press releases having been given to the local press and full timetables and maps in libraries. But apart from one FB post form Worcestershire and a couple of timetables (with no maps or route descriptions) these has been no mention of these new links. :(

chason

Post by chason » 09:03 Monday 16th April 2018

I agree very much with DD12 and Ridercross on what has been a hobby horse of mine for many years, and it's not just the small operators either. Marketing and publicity are essential for any successful business - if you don't let the general public know what you are offering, is it any wonder that they don't support you?

The local pizza parlours and other takeaways obviously think it's good for trade as they seem to be able to afford to have flyer inserts in the local free newspapers almost every week.

DD12

Post by DD12 » 13:34 Monday 16th April 2018

chason wrote:
09:03 Monday 16th April 2018

The local pizza parlours and other takeaways obviously think it's good for trade as they seem to be able to afford to have flyer inserts in the local free newspapers almost every week.
Quite !
.... and our local newspaper/ news site regularly includes articles about pubs, restuarants, and some shops, which are in effect free adverts for them !

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”