Bromsgrove derailment and scrape

SEVERNLINK

Bromsgrove derailment and scrape

Post by SEVERNLINK » 11:40 Wednesday 25th March 2020

As some may be aware the banking engine 66057 ran through the buffers at the banking engine spur at Bromsgrove late Monday night derailing and fouling the mainline and was then swiped by a northbound Cross country 170.Thankfully no reports of any injuries but could have been a lot worse. some pics here

Of interest in the aerial pic there's a couple of coaches parked in the adjacent yard.
Yesterday I passed a Stagecoach liveried dart VX04??? on a rail replacement service presumably Droitwich-Bromsgrove.

ANDREW

Re: Bromsgrove derailment and scrape

Post by ANDREW » 11:56 Wednesday 25th March 2020

Using the permission granted by Lord Boris of Westminster , I ventured out on my bike yesterday and noted two coaches and one mini-bus belonging to Brit Travel parked up at the rail station. On reading through the "rail replacements" thread on the ever informative Tony Hunters buses in photos forum , it appears that Guru Travel , a regular provider of rail replacement "coaches" own one or more GX04xxx ex Stagecoach Darts. I ventured closer to the derailed banker and saw ex-works 66175 make a number of failed attempts to haul the offending loco back on to the track , this was around four pm.

SEVERNLINK

Post by SEVERNLINK » 14:01 Wednesday 25th March 2020

Thanks Andrew it was GX04 I saw just used to seeing more vehicles starting VX :oops:
It's funny how many peoples bit of local exercise just happened to take them past the incident :shock:

MattW

Post by MattW » 15:17 Wednesday 25th March 2020

Saw this on the net yesterday, someone's got some explaining to do :lol:

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 16:07 Wednesday 25th March 2020

And while I was watching 66175's attempts , I glanced over my shoulder and saw two coaches belonging to Dave's Travel parked up in a lorry transport yard . . . . . . . . . I would assume they park up there. :o

Return to “Trains”