New Salt Road Events

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
AdamH

Re: New Salt Road Events

Post by AdamH » 08:18 Tuesday 29th October 2019

TimBrown wrote:
19:17 Monday 28th October 2019
...Are you saying that WCC allocates a lump sum per annum regardless of number of passengers carried...
That was my understanding of what Nigel said.

I then asked if he was cutting services because he was safe in the knowledge that the income [from WCC] would be the same regardless. His reply was that would be a very short term situation as next years payment would be negotiated based on the number of passengers carried this year.

I therefore now assume that a lump sum is paid to the operator in advance based on a negotiations, and that those negotiations use previous loading figures.

If I’m correct in the way I interrupted this, a one-off or infrequent use of a Concession Pass will have no impact on route income, and a new regular user will only make a difference after a long period of time - depending on how often the payments are renegotiated.

ex MRW

Post by ex MRW » 12:50 Tuesday 29th October 2019

The lump sum is normally re-negotiated annually and is based on usage. For route costing purposes the actual number of concessionary permit 'swipes', is allocated to each individual route on a journey by journey basis. The advantage to both the council and company with the lump sum arrangement is that each know in advance how much cash will be paid out or received. The accountants also like this because it helps them with their budgets!

DD12

Post by DD12 » 14:02 Tuesday 29th October 2019

Thanks v. much you guys for clarifying that key info. above !
:)

chason

Post by chason » 14:42 Friday 1st November 2019

Just hope that if the Tories are re-elected they don't pull a similar fast one on bus operators that they did on the BBC when they got them to fund the over 75s free TV licences! I'm just amazed they seem to be getting away with it.

SEVERNLINK

Post by SEVERNLINK » 18:10 Friday 1st November 2019

Did the event happen in Bromsgrove today :?:
First website said 10.30-14.30 I went down at 14.00 and no sign of a bus or a stall :?

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 09:40 Thursday 7th November 2019

The event has been quite well covered in Coach and Bus Week magazine, 5th November 2019 issue.

chason

Post by chason » 12:52 Thursday 7th November 2019

But nothing that I have seen in the local press, either before or after. Shouldn't think too many of the locals read Bus and Coach Week. Seems like an opportunity missed.

marck

Post by marck » 18:50 Friday 8th November 2019

chason wrote:
12:52 Thursday 7th November 2019
But nothing that I have seen in the local press, either before or after. Shouldn't think too many of the locals read Bus and Coach Week. Seems like an opportunity missed.
It has been in the Worcester News

https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/17 ... -heritage/

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”