Repaints 2019?

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
willr7

Repaints 2019?

Post by willr7 » 09:36 Sunday 4th August 2019

This time last year 66691 was back out on the road after the urban 2 makeover which also saw all of the remaining Centro’s repainted during the Summer.

My question is, will there be any repaints this year?
The DDs, 2 barbie darts, 2 barbie solos, and not forgetting the 6 Streetlites in Urban 1 livery although they will probably be shifted elsewhere in the future.

However the only thought is the age of some of those vehicles mentioned above - it is probably to late in there life for a re-paint. Especially for 32066/7 & 53061/2. (But then First have been known for withdrawing vehicles soon after a re-paint). :lol:

Any input or answers to my question are very welcome. :D

DD12

Re: Repaints 2019?

Post by DD12 » 14:26 Sunday 4th August 2019

Sorry it's me again, and that I don't know -- but obviously IF there is any likelihood soon(ish) of selling FMR, then that would almost certainly stop repaints, and refurbs, -- but it's a shame that those vehicles are looking so shabby, -- and a thorough clean + patch might give the right impression to a potential buyer !!

It would certainly be nice to replace those vehicles with newer refurbs ASAP, in case First Group sell FMR to Rotala / Diamond !!

:cry:

willr7

Post by willr7 » 21:27 Sunday 4th August 2019

DD12 wrote:
14:26 Sunday 4th August 2019
Sorry it's me again, and that I don't know -- but obviously IF there is any likelihood soon(ish) of selling FMR, then that would almost certainly stop repaints, and refurbs, -- but it's a shame that those vehicles are looking so shabby, -- and a thorough clean + patch might give the right impression to a potential buyer !!

It would certainly be nice to replace those vehicles with newer refurbs ASAP, in case First Group sell FMR to Rotala / Diamond !!

:cry:
Thank you DD12. Sadly I think your right in saying that no repaints will take place given the current situation. But I’m not giving up hope just yet :cry: :lol:

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 09:25 Monday 5th August 2019

There are 11 Citaros and an Optare Solo due at Worcester over the next few months, so at least one Solo will be withdrawn, and the Streetmax's and hopefully the Streetlites, will be transferred soon. I was told several months ago that we would be getting some newer deckers to replace the Tridents, but I suspect that might not now be happening.I will try and find out further information later on in the week when I return to work.

DD12

Post by DD12 » 12:29 Monday 5th August 2019

bmmoboy wrote:
09:25 Monday 5th August 2019
There are 11 Citaros and an Optare Solo due at Worcester over the next few months, so at least one Solo will be withdrawn, and the Streetmax's and hopefully the Streetlites, will be transferred soon. I was told several months ago that we would be getting some newer deckers to replace the Tridents, but I suspect that might not now be happening.I will try and find out further information later on in the week when I return to work.
Thanks very much bmmoboy for that info.

As regards replacement DDs, it had seemed to me a possibility that we might get some cascaded from Leeds -- -- they have been receiving and expecting new StreetDecks, and indeed, 36221 (Leeds) was shown in a list of vehicles on the bustimes.org list for Leicester (not in service), but this has now been removed.

Linking to that are unconfirmed reports / rumours on https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/uk ... 467/page-7
that First have cancelled some expected wrightbus new vehicles.
(Also shows info about Wrightbus who are looking for a buyer, I believe).

Birmingham_Bus

Post by Birmingham_Bus » 17:56 Monday 5th August 2019

bmmoboy wrote:
If you could find out where them Citaros are coming from, that would be much appreciated. My only suggestion is still from Yourbus, Derby area. They have since sold the 10 Euro 6 64 plates to Diamond at Bolton, so them are out of the question now!

DD12

Post by DD12 » 20:56 Monday 5th August 2019

Birmingham_Bus wrote:
17:56 Monday 5th August 2019
bmmoboy wrote:
If you could find out where them Citaros are coming from, that would be much appreciated. My only suggestion is still from Yourbus, Derby area. They have since sold the 10 Euro 6 64 plates to Diamond at Bolton, so them are out of the question now!
My guess is they will be 2007/8 vehicles from Slough, and that Slough will get better replacements ! (?)

willr7

Post by willr7 » 21:40 Monday 5th August 2019

DD12 wrote:
20:56 Monday 5th August 2019

My guess is they will be 2007/8 vehicles from Slough, and that Slough will get better replacements ! (?)

I second that guess. I was thinking maybe they had some streetlites in order for slough allowing the citaros to move to WR. However, hearing the news that First have been refusing their Wright orders due to poor build quality (no surprise considering all the mechanical issues they have) then maybe not... I fear the whole plan may fall apart if they did have streetlites on order as this will mean they will still require the citaro’s :?

Charliedaffin

Post by Charliedaffin » 21:02 Wednesday 21st August 2019

I read somewhere that slough are to receive some e200s but i cant think where i read it now, i think it mustve been on railforum uk.

Return to “Fleet Discussion”