Tamworth Garage Open Day

Discussions about the Bus and Coach Preservation scene for Midland "Red" Motor Services and related companies.
AdamH

Tamworth Garage Open Day

Post by AdamH » 20:07 Sunday 5th August 2018

Had no intention of going to this originally, but had a invite yesterday morning to ride up on Wyvern's Leopard 234. Very glad I went as it was a superb day out and I even got to do a spot of driving.

Very well organised by the Arriva Staff, well done all.

Some of my photos have been published in the main website, see new photos on the Home Page.

MattW

Re: Tamworth Garage Open Day

Post by MattW » 20:19 Sunday 5th August 2018

Excellent pics. Is that a National '2'?

Rich82

Post by Rich82 » 20:31 Sunday 5th August 2018

AdamH wrote:
20:07 Sunday 5th August 2018
Had no intention of going to this originally, but had a invite yesterday morning to ride up on Wyvern's Leopard 234. Very glad I went as it was a superb day out and I even got to do a spot of driving.

Very well organised by the Arriva Staff, well done all.

Some of my photos have been published in the main website, see new photos on the Home Page.
Very well put together event good weather as well. As u say very well done to Arriva Midlands and Tamworth Garage and Staff

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 20:35 Sunday 5th August 2018

Matt... Yes, one of the last acquired by Midland Red before they closed. The original order was for 40 buses but they had to cut it back to just 25 due to lack of money.

This example was acquired by John Coles (Phil’s brother) about 7 years ago and today was its first day out after a very long restoration. The paint was done professionally and is stunning. I’m not a huge National fan, but that is a job very well done.

Return to “Preservation”