Transport Museum, Wythall Sunday 1 April 2018 part two.

Discussions about the Bus and Coach Preservation scene for Midland "Red" Motor Services and related companies.
Earlswood

Re: Transport Museum, Wythall Sunday 1 April 2018 part two.

Post by Earlswood » 12:48 Wednesday 4th April 2018

Thank you for the Wythall photos of the Easter Weekend.
All of them were of interest and worth seeing but naturally there were some which bring back memories of them when they were in regular service.
In particular I single out the two Royal Blue coaches which were always seen in South Devon on the regular routes operated and when touring.
I also was pleased to see the Cheltenham Lodekka. Having spent a while at Malvern, when in the RAF, Cheltenham was a place often visited.
Another photo which caught my eye was the B&MMO REDD awaiting restoration. I am hoping that once the BCT Regent 486 is done and dusted that may be the next major restoration. The quaint Midland Red route number stencil and blind brought a smile to my face. I often wonder was the sloping lettering more easily read than a simple two line version as used by BCT? As a youngster I had no problem, but older people may well have had. My only problem, sometimes, was knowing exactly where the bus was going or had come from due to the wide area covered by the Red. Iy did help improve Midlands geography. :lol:

Return to “Preservation”