Cheltenham Festival 2022

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for Cheltenham and Gloucester Omnibus Company, and Thames Transit Limited, trading as Stagecoach West and Oxford Tube.
AdamH

Cheltenham Festival 2022

Post by AdamH » 08:11 Sunday 6th March 2022

Stagecoach West will once again be running Shuttle buses from Cheltenham Rail Station to the race course for the Cheltenham Festival.

As always, this his a huge event for Stagecoach with a PVR this year of 85 vehicles, all double-deck. A large number of these will be on loan from other Stagecoach operations, so expect to see convoys of Stagecoach buses on motorways heading to Cheltenham on Monday 14th March, then heading home again on Saturday 19th March.

For the 2020 Festival I collected and returned ADL E400 MMC 10405 (SL64HZM) from Manchester, but didn't drive the shuttle service. Although I know I'm shuttle bus driving this year, for 3 days 15th-17th, I've not been asked (yet) to collect or return a loan bus.

DD12

Re: Cheltenham Festival 2022

Post by DD12 » 12:20 Sunday 6th March 2022

I believe I read in the media that industrial action was being threatened by Stagecoach drivers, -- if correct, has this now been resolved ??

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 16:47 Sunday 6th March 2022

I don't think it was ever that serious. The union said they would strike for 4 weeks, which is not realistic as not many people can survive without pay for that long. Anyway the company made a final offer last week and it was accepted. It was not as generous as the offer First made Worcester, so first the first time in living memory the drivers at Worcester now get paid more than those at Cheltenham and Gloucester, but it does mean the threat of industrial action has passed.

DD12

Post by DD12 » 23:15 Sunday 6th March 2022

AdamH wrote:
16:47 Sunday 6th March 2022
I don't think it was ever that serious. The union said they would strike for 4 weeks, which is not realistic as not many people can survive without pay for that long. Anyway the company made a final offer last week and it was accepted. It was not as generous as the offer First made Worcester, so first the first time in living memory the drivers at Worcester now get paid more than those at Cheltenham and Gloucester, but it does mean the threat of industrial action has passed.
That's 2 doses of good news then, -- thanks Adam !!
:)

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 18:24 Friday 23rd February 2024

Cheltenham Festival is almost upon us again. I'll be at Cheltenham Rail Station on the Monday greeting the loan buses as they arrive from Stagecoach depots across the country, then I'll be driving Tuesday to Friday.

PVR is expected to be the same as the last two years, at 80 to 85, all of them double decks. The Bristol VR has just passed it's MOT so that should be out and about too.

Further details on the Stagecoach website... https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-an ... huttle-bus

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”