Dudleys Coaches to close at end of year

Subforum for non-Midland Red operators that do not have their own subforums.
bmmoboy

Dudleys Coaches to close at end of year

Post by bmmoboy » 14:05 Wednesday 18th November 2020

See attached

Attachments
dudleys (2).png

ANDREW

Re: Dudleys Coaches to close at end of year

Post by ANDREW » 16:47 Wednesday 18th November 2020

Very sad news , even more so as a local company . :cry:

MattW

Post by MattW » 19:47 Wednesday 18th November 2020

An absolute travesty. How does a government supposedly supportive of private enterprise let this happen, Covid or not. :x

chason

Post by chason » 23:12 Wednesday 18th November 2020

Sad news indeed and I fear there will be more to come. No company can continue with a lack of customers indefinitely without financial support. John Johnson of Johnsons coaches was interviewed on TV yesterday and sounded far from his usual cheerful self.

WR1st

Post by WR1st » 12:02 Sunday 22nd November 2020

Heartbreaker :cry:

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 17:35 Thursday 3rd December 2020

I'm told First Worcester have won some additional school work as a result of the Dudleys closure, and they are taking on a few more staff. I don't have any further details at the moment though.

Charliedaffin

Post by Charliedaffin » 18:58 Thursday 3rd December 2020

AdamH wrote:
17:35 Thursday 3rd December 2020
I'm told First Worcester have won some additional school work as a result of the Dudleys closure, and they are taking on a few more staff. I don't have any further details at the moment though.
maybe this could be the reason that i saw a caetano levante in the first aberdeen coaches livery in st johns a few hours ago :?: :?:

DD12

Post by DD12 » 17:43 Friday 4th December 2020

AdamH wrote:
17:35 Thursday 3rd December 2020
I had thought about putting - on a post to say that I hoped First would "go for it", but I didn't want to be seen as an "uncaring vulture" !

- I looked at some of their school service timetables to see if First could "consolidate" them to financial advantage.
In the past I've got the impression that more than one of Dudley's coaches serve the RGS in the Tything, Worcester, - and from the Dudley's website I see they have two 70 seaters.

As always, I hope for the increased use of Double-Deckers within the FMR network, - usually for schools, but also utilised on public services before and after, - IE - when the vehicle starts or finishes in an advantageous position.

One advantage for First, - of getting the maximum amount of schools work, is that they MIGHT be able to swop work with smaller operators, - to mutual advantage, at a future date ??
( - "Sorry if that's barmy" !)

I guess First will be able ( sooner or later), to employ any of the Dudleys drivers that WANT to work for them, and hopefully the owners of Dudleys will be able to realise a good amount of money for the site.

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 18:00 Friday 4th December 2020

Bit of an update... First have not won anything new from the close of Dudleys, however the contracts that First already had required duplication buses due to social distancing, and these have until now been sub-contracted out to Dudleys by First. It looks like First will now be doing the duplication vehicles in-house.

DD12

Post by DD12 » 18:16 Friday 4th December 2020

AdamH wrote:
18:00 Friday 4th December 2020
Bit of an update... First have not won anything new from the close of Dudleys, however the contracts that First already had required duplication buses due to social distancing, and these have until now been sub-contracted out to Dudleys by First. It looks like First will now be doing the duplication vehicles in-house.
- Feck !! :D

Return to “Miscellaneous Operators”