Tour coaches in Bromsgrove Bus Station.

Subforum for non-Midland Red operators that do not have their own subforums.
SEVERNLINK

Re: Tour coaches in Bromsgrove Bus Station.

Post by SEVERNLINK » 01:07 Monday 13th April 2020

Thought you'd be interested as I know you do like to keep an eye on local rail-replacements :) Will be interested in your findings certainly is a strange one :? From the user name of the uploader it would seem they are from that area and mention something about being a shuttle bus to an art exhibition :?:

The rest of their photo's on their stream look quite interesting too especially the old railway pics. 8-)

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 16:41 Monday 13th April 2020

Not really come up with any answers for this one so far. DVLA site says the bus is taxed until March 1st next year so I can not see it being sold with that much road tax on. I have looked - again on Tony Hunters site, to see if it had passed to Ensign Bus in its capacity as a dealer - Ipswich have sold buses through Ensign previously. But again , no clues. Anyone ?? ??

SEVERNLINK

Post by SEVERNLINK » 00:48 Tuesday 14th April 2020

It doesn't appear on their tracker and the oldest buses they have seem to be 53 plates so I have a feeling it must be sold.The persons other pictures from that day were a couple of tram photos from Birmingham.

The photo caption reads 'This isn't what you normally find outside Bromsgrove Railway Station, but I think it was a shutlle bus to some kind of art exhibition in the area (that's what the posters inside the bus implied)'

Since when does an art exhibition in Bromsgrove need a shuttle bus let alone one all the way from Ipswich :? :?:

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 15:50 Monday 20th April 2020

Sorry but I am unable to find out anything about the Ipswich bus ,but this afternoon I did see a tour coach go PAST Bromsgrove Bus Station. One of Harris's of Catshill's coaches was heading back home around half three . I can only guess that it had been for a MOT or similar.

SEVERNLINK

Post by SEVERNLINK » 15:42 Tuesday 21st April 2020

Think I've solved the mystery :? It has indeed been sold.
Found a image dated 14/03/20 of it in Birmingham now minus the Ipswich branding.

Caption says Guru Travel fleet number 1314.I see you mentioned on another thread they do quite a bit of rail replacement work so that's what it was possibly doing at Bromsgrove.

The other thought I have and don't know how these things work but had it just been delivered from Ipswich and was a convenient place to do the handhover ie: close to M42 and driver gets train back to Ipswich :?:

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 20:37 Tuesday 21st April 2020

Excellent work. :)

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 20:43 Tuesday 21st April 2020

ANDREW wrote:
20:37 Tuesday 21st April 2020
Excellent work. :)
And another acquired Dart is reported as having fleet number 1311 so that ties up also.

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 20:53 Tuesday 21st April 2020

ANDREW wrote:
20:43 Tuesday 21st April 2020
And another acquired Dart is reported as having fleet number 1311 so that ties up also.
[/quote]

And there is a photo of "1312" on Flickr . . . . . :shock:

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 21:16 Tuesday 21st April 2020

ANDREW wrote:
20:53 Tuesday 21st April 2020
ANDREW wrote:
20:43 Tuesday 21st April 2020
And there is a photo of "1312" on Flickr . . . . . :shock:
[/quote]

And also on Flickr is a photo of sister bus PJ53OLC ,still working in Ipswich but the caption says it is now with Guru. :?

SEVERNLINK

Post by SEVERNLINK » 01:33 Wednesday 22nd April 2020

Atleast it's kept the thread alive as I doubt you won't be seeing many tour coaches for a while especially given the age of most of their clientele ;)

Return to “Miscellaneous Operators”