National express

Subforum for non-Midland Red operators that do not have their own subforums.
Charliedaffin

National express

Post by Charliedaffin » 18:51 Saturday 27th July 2019

I thought id open this category just incase national express do end up taking over Worcester, which in my opinion would be the best option.

I just thought id start by asking, did anyone go to the pensnett garage open day today?

AdamH

Re: National express

Post by AdamH » 20:02 Saturday 27th July 2019

MattB went up in his Dart. He invited me but I had a prior appointment in a Forest with an ex-Wessex E200!

willr7

Post by willr7 » 12:05 Saturday 24th August 2019

Just seen a NXWM Grey platinum decker going down mill lane in drakes Broughton? Full of passengers from what I could see... Apparently the plum festival is on in Pershore so it could be to do with that... But it eeemed to be going on the wrong direction, so maybe the city driver was lost out here in the sticks :lol:

DD12

Post by DD12 » 22:21 Saturday 24th August 2019

willr7 wrote:
12:05 Saturday 24th August 2019
Just seen a NXWM Grey platinum decker going down mill lane in drakes Broughton? Full of passengers from what I could see... Apparently the plum festival is on in Pershore so it could be to do with that... But it eeemed to be going on the wrong direction, so maybe the city driver was lost out here in the sticks :lol:
"Yipes" !! -- NOT a good place to go wrong in a DD !! --

One low-bridge, and one low tree, that I know of !!

(Don't know where Mill Lane is though).

willr7

Post by willr7 » 23:19 Saturday 24th August 2019

DD12 wrote:
22:21 Saturday 24th August 2019
willr7 wrote:
12:05 Saturday 24th August 2019
"Yipes" !! -- NOT a good place to go wrong in a DD !! --

One low-bridge, and one low tree, that I know of !!

(Don't know where Mill Lane is though).
Yes, there are certainly low trees down those lanes and from what I could see it appeared to turn off down Chevrington Lane (which is very narrow and has a few blind bends - not suitable for a bus (even I’ve been caught out by a big pot hole down there while attempting to move out the way for a passing car) :shock:

Mill Lane/chevrington lane is just off the B4084 in DB (just past the Plough & Harrow & on the same side) and the road leads you to Besford - turn left at the end of the lane and you end up at the top of the hill with goes down into Pershore (the junction that is signposted for Crome court). It is possible the driver went this way to avoid the traffic going into Pershore but I can’t imagine it was that bad! :?

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 20:01 Tuesday 31st May 2022

I caught the 15.30 144a off Bromsgrove earlier - along with 11 other passengers and with 3 more joining before Catshill . I was suprised to see all 15 of us travel PAST Catshill and 5 of us still aboard at Longbridge Station. Not so many of us on my return trip at 17.30 , but passengers on board all the way and this time passengers joining and leaving all along the route. Quite impressive especially with schools and colleges on half term. The bus was clean and tidy , drivers polite and both trips ran to time. Long may it continue.

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 16:45 Tuesday 26th July 2022

Myself and another gentleman caught the 14.55 144a from Longbridge Railway Station this afternoon , I was suprised to see 8 more passengers join at the first stop on the Bristol Road [ connecting off the 63 etc ? ]. We then had passengers join and alight at a number of stops and I counted 18 passengers on board when we left Rubery. Hopefully this will ensure that the service can continue after the trial period. :)

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 20:26 Tuesday 15th November 2022

ANDREW wrote:
16:45 Tuesday 26th July 2022
. Hopefully this will ensure that the service can continue after the trial period. :)
Which it seems to be doing. :)

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 17:09 Monday 13th March 2023

Nice surprise a few minutes ago , E017 on the 144a. :o

SEVERNLINK

Post by SEVERNLINK » 18:42 Monday 13th March 2023

I thought I could see one of the electric DD in Bromsgrove bus station earlier as I came up Market Street :o

Return to “Miscellaneous Operators”