Kev's Bus Optare Solo YJ62 FYZ

Subforum for Kev's Cars and Coaches Limited of Bromsgrove (formerly Kev's Cars Limited)
TimBrown

Kev's Bus Optare Solo YJ62 FYZ

Post by TimBrown » 16:20 Friday 26th January 2018

I went for a walk on Tuesday afternoon along Ombersley Road and caught a glimpse of a white Solo working the 355 from Worcester to Droitwich, but didn't have my camera with me and too far away to be able to record the registration number. I rectified that earlier today and took a few shots of it on the move. According to Bus Lists On The Web, YJ62 FYZ is an Optare Solo M920 type with B33F seating and it was new 09/2012 to Britannia Parking, Bournemouth; it currently looks in very tidy external condition.

As far as I can tell it has been with Dawson Rentals for some time and has been on lease to Moray Council, Elgin by 09/16 and also with Utopia Coaches, Tadcaster, York by 08/17, (possibly some other operators too) so may be on lease to Kevs unless anyone knows otherwise.

I wonder if the two, less than reliable, Plaxton Primos have moved on to pastures new or currently both out of service under repair?

It is seen on route 355 from Droitwich to Worcester in Cornmeadow Lane.
26 January 2018 Cornmeadow Lane, Claines. 001.jpg
26 January 2018 Cornmeadow Lane, Claines. 002.jpg
The next shot is of the bus in St Annes Road.
26 January 2018 Cornmeadow Lane, Claines. 003.jpg
Finally it is pictured turning from St Annes Road into Cornmeadow Lane.
26 January 2018 Cornmeadow Lane, Claines. 004.jpg

ANDREW

Re: Kev's Bus Optare Solo YJ62 FYZ

Post by ANDREW » 14:39 Saturday 27th January 2018

TimBrown wrote:
16:20 Friday 26th January 2018

I wonder if the two, less than reliable, Plaxton Primos have moved on to pastures new or currently both out of service under repair?
Thanks for posting the info and pictures. On Tony Hunters West Midlands Bus Photo Site "forum" , a thread "Kevs Cars & Coaches" has recently started and the way one of the replies is worded suggests that the person posting works for Kevs and he suggests the their Primo's have been reliable performers. But with Kev's starting to operate the 147 next month , maybe an extra vehicle is needed. :)

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 17:45 Saturday 27th January 2018

ANDREW wrote:
14:39 Saturday 27th January 2018
TimBrown wrote:
16:20 Friday 26th January 2018

Thanks for posting the info and pictures. On Tony Hunters West Midlands Bus Photo Site "forum" , a thread "Kevs Cars & Coaches" has recently started and the way one of the replies is worded suggests that the person posting works for Kevs and he suggests the their Primo's have been reliable performers. But with Kev's starting to operate the 147 next month , maybe an extra vehicle is needed. :)
Thanks for the information, I was just trying to be a little polite and cover up my impressions of the Plaxton Primo as a breed in general; awful protruding entrance door arrangement and vibro-massage ride from transmission above 30 MPH come to mind. Optare Solo's, whilst not perfect, have many good qualities and are in my opinion in a different league altogether. From the passenger seat the Versa is even better and very refined indeed!

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 18:21 Wednesday 1st August 2018

Not sure if it has been mentioned on this forum but Kev's are taking over the 318 , Stourbridge/Bromsgrove route from Sept 2nd and reported today on The West Mids Bus Forum ,they are acquiring two more Solo's ,KX64AED/AEO . 8-)

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 13:18 Saturday 8th September 2018

KX64AED was on the 318 last Wednesday with another newcomer , Primo KX59GOA on the 147. ;)

dart1

Post by dart1 » 23:37 Saturday 5th January 2019

This solo.sometimes runs on 147

Return to “Kev's Cars and Coaches”