Worcester area train times from 23 March 2020.

TimBrown

Worcester area train times from 23 March 2020.

Post by TimBrown » 05:52 Saturday 21st March 2020

Coronavirus has resulted in some heavy cuts from Monday 23 March 2020 to rail services West of Worcester by West Midlands Trains and First GWR, with links to the new timetables /notification below;

West Midlands Trains;

https://www.westmidlandsrailway.co.uk/s ... reford.pdf

First GWR changes (timetables to come);

https://www.gwr.com/travel-updates/live ... nformation

If you look on the Realtimes trains website for 23 March 2020 you will see that GWR have withdrawn all services to Hereford with most trains terminating at Worcester Foregate Street with some to Great Malvern. I guess this is just the start, as further draconian measures strike home;

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search ... &order=wtt

MattW

Re: Worcester area train times from 23 March 2020.

Post by MattW » 18:35 Saturday 21st March 2020

And theres me with plenty of time to get out and photograph. Im sure there'll be more freight running, especially food related.

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 10:22 Sunday 22nd March 2020

MattW wrote:
18:35 Saturday 21st March 2020
And theres me with plenty of time to get out and photograph. Im sure there'll be more freight running, especially food related.
No doubt filled with toilet rolls, sanitisers, face masks, disinfectant and staple foodstuffs, but the situation is changing hour by hour as the virus spreads and develops. The Tesco train from Daventry to Wentloog in South Wales has been running regularly via Worcestershire Parkway Low Level on weekdays at 12-45 pm or thereabouts, followed by the Corby to Margam steel empties at around 14-15 pm.

The Margam to Round Oak steel trains and return empties run some days through Shrub Hill, or the yard, but not sure for how much longer; more information on Realtimes Trains website daily update.

Not sure either of the situation with Freightliners from Southampton Docks working via Oxford, Leamington and Nuneaton as most of the containers are from China so probably cancelled.

Being over 70 years of age with medical issues I am more or less house-bound by Government directive so only venturing out for essential supplies.

MattW

Post by MattW » 12:01 Monday 23rd March 2020

I hope this will be all over soon, I see why people are being told to stay in but it isnt good for anyone's mental health. Im hoping there wont be any restrictions on cycling alone, its what I was hoping to use this enforced time off for but I can see it coming.

Took the opportunity this morning to go out and see these...
IMGP7901.JPG
IMGP7914.JPG
IMGP7910 (2).JPG

chason

Post by chason » 14:12 Monday 23rd March 2020

Some photos on Facebook of serious overcrowding on some commuter trains into Bham this morning. Maybe some shouldn't have been there (are they all essential workers??) but as there are fewer trains, surely they should have been longer. They can't use the 'not enough carriages' argument with fewer trains in service but it seems the railway managers never seem to get it right. I guess we'll get the same old stuff from Francis Thomas on Midlands Today tonight but it's not good enough.

I see the TOC franchises are being suspended for 6 months from today. Is it too much to ask if it could be made permenant ?

Return to “Trains”