Military Aircraft Photographs

AdamH

Military Aircraft Photographs

Post by AdamH » 13:23 Sunday 11th September 2016

I was in Scotland last week with a friend who is a keen aircraft photographer, both from the outside looking up as a hobby and from the inside looking down as his day job (lucky git).

Anyway, a few years ago he took me to RAF Lossiemouth for a spot of aircraft photography and I really enjoyed myself, so this year I returned the favour and we jumped in my car for a return visit. We were treated to a good selection of fast jets and even two USAF V-22 Osprey, plus a wide verity of Scottish weather in the few hours we were there... hence the interesting cloud formations!

All photographs are by me on Thursday 8th September 2016.

AdamH

Re: Military Aircraft Photographs

Post by AdamH » 13:37 Sunday 11th September 2016

part 2...

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 13:45 Sunday 11th September 2016

AdamH wrote:
13:23 Sunday 11th September 2016
I was in Scotland last week with a friend who is a keen aircraft photographer, both from the outside looking up as a hobby and from the inside looking down as his day job (lucky git).

Anyway, a few years ago he took me to RAF Lossiemouth for a spot of aircraft photography and I really enjoyed myself, so this year I returned the favour and we jumped in my car for a return visit. We were treated to a good selection of fast jets and even two USAF V-22 Osprey, plus a wide verity of Scottish weather in the few hours we were there... hence the interesting cloud formations!

All photographs are by me on Thursday 8th September 2016.
Excellent, I have never seen an Osprey in the metal, though I probably heard one a month ago flying over Worcester above the clouds - believe SAS have a couple based over in HD. You must have influential friends as the Military Police would soon be on my tail if I parked my car nearby and pulled out the camera!

Those aircraft photos make me wish Showbus was at Duxford this year - all those buses and pictures of Spitfire, Hurricane, Catalina, Tiger Moth and De Havilland Rapides flying above 500 buses two years ago; what more could anyone want?

MattW

Post by MattW » 10:58 Monday 12th September 2016

Fantastic pictures mate. I always fancied the RAF as a career but I'm not really cut out for taking orders :lol:

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 10:29 Thursday 15th September 2016

This YouTube video was taken by a friend who was with me on the day... An interesting place to stand!

https://youtu.be/rDSJSHCNfIs

and also this one of the Osprey taking off...

https://youtu.be/vl6HekHCjkg

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 10:24 Thursday 10th November 2016

Recently invited to Wales by my Aircraft enthusiast friend but alas I couldn't go due to work. However, on his return, he sent me this photo...
Tornado.JPG
Shows an RAF Tornado GR4 in "Heritage Livery"!

Return to “Planes”