Just another day for Diamond

Subforum for Diamond Bus Limited of Tividale, Redditch and Kidderminster (formerly The Diamond Bus Company Limited, The Birmingham Omnibus Company Limited, Go West Midlands Limited, etc.
Fred

Just another day for Diamond

Post by Fred » 16:33 Wednesday 14th June 2017

Seen within the space of 20 minutes this afternoon; 32101, having received several watering cans full of water, made it from the bottom of the bus station to the top before giving up & passing it's passengers to the next 57, 20522 also receiving several watering cans full of water, 30857 showing VOR at a bus stop with the Rotala van in attendance and a Dart ( 20203 I think) stationary with hazard lights flashing on the Studley Road. Just another day for Diamond........

DD12

Re: Just another day for Diamond

Post by DD12 » 21:28 Wednesday 14th June 2017

Fred wrote:
16:33 Wednesday 14th June 2017
Seen within the space of 20 minutes this afternoon; 32101, having received several watering cans full of water, made it from the bottom of the bus station to the top before giving up & passing it's passengers to the next 57, 20522 also receiving several watering cans full of water, 30857 showing VOR at a bus stop with the Rotala van in attendance and a Dart ( 20203 I think) stationary with hazard lights flashing on the Studley Road. Just another day for Diamond........
That's interesting, thanks Fred.

- did I read that they are redeveloping the main bus parking site so that there are better maintenance facilities there ?

Also; has there been a final conclusion to the Public Inquiry (relating to poor service reliability) - yet ??

winston

Post by winston » 00:07 Wednesday 28th June 2017

- did I read that they are redeveloping the main bus parking site so that there are better maintenance facilities there ?

DD12,

Yes, that's correct. Rotala have been granted planning permission to re-develop Plymouth Road which includes the following:

Additional Engineering bay / new external bus wash & I assume the current bus wash bay will also be converted to extra engineering bays in due course?:
https://publicaccess.bromsgroveandreddi ... P8SMUM3300

Demolition of existing office & new 2 storey offices built in to the bank on the opposite.
https://publicaccess.bromsgroveandreddi ... P8GMUM3100

See documents section for site plans etc

They did have more extensive plans which involved the house & land of No 3 Plymouth Road, however, the planning application has since been withdrawn Jan 2017:
https://publicaccess.bromsgroveandreddi ... DTRMUMQ100

DD12

Post by DD12 » 22:51 Wednesday 28th June 2017

Thanks v.much Winston.

Return to “Diamond Bus (Rotala)”