Public Enquiry

Subforum for Diamond Bus Limited of Tividale, Redditch and Kidderminster (formerly The Diamond Bus Company Limited, The Birmingham Omnibus Company Limited, Go West Midlands Limited, etc.
Noggin1

Re: Public Enquiry

Post by Noggin1 » 18:31 Wednesday 22nd August 2018

Not to appeal would mean the management accepting that something is wrong. Diamond is brilliant, as is its management...….. ;)

DD12

Post by DD12 » 22:51 Wednesday 22nd August 2018

Noggin1 wrote:
18:31 Wednesday 22nd August 2018
Not to appeal would mean the management accepting that something is wrong. Diamond is brilliant, as is its management...….. ;)
Thanks Noggin for all your recent (intelligent) comments and observations -- it's of great value to me when people like yourself contribute to this forum, and have "thought things through", and care about a sensible provision (and funding of), bus services !

Noggin1

Post by Noggin1 » 19:20 Thursday 23rd August 2018

DD12
I have actually appeared before the Traffic Commissioner when years ago I worked for a large group of motor dealers. We had a Standard National licence simply to transport our cars between branches without the cars incurring mileage -if you just transported your own goods, you didn't even need a Transport Manager, so although its operation was nothing to do with me, I was given the short straw. I expected a cosy chat, but found it was like a courtroom. The background was that a couple of our branches had picked up trading standards convictions and the Traffic Commissioner wanted to know why. I explained that it was through stupidity rather than criminal intent, and he wanted to know what controls we had put in place to prevent our employees being stupid. I remember that the crucial thing for him was that we accepted that we were at fault and that we were therefore doing something about it. In the reports on the Diamond case, all I see from the management is excuses.

In some ways it is a bit of cheek for me to comment on how services should run, when we have professional busmen on this site who drive the routes and must know them far better than any occasional observer. On the Council question, yes, funds are very limited, but in Herefordshire and Warwickshire, I can see a strategy.

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 07:13 Friday 24th August 2018

I too have been before them. It was when I was the Union branch Chairman and I was required to defend the actions of one of my members. Like you said, it was a real eye-opener!

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 07:53 Tuesday 19th March 2019

Return to “Diamond Bus (Rotala)”