Under the arches Worcester.

Subforum for Diamond Bus Limited of Tividale, Redditch and Kidderminster (formerly The Diamond Bus Company Limited, The Birmingham Omnibus Company Limited, Go West Midlands Limited, etc.
TimBrown

Under the arches Worcester.

Post by TimBrown » 14:59 Tuesday 25th January 2022

I went into the City yesterday morning and the 37 service was diverted via Castle Street because of closure of Angel Street by Cadence for gas mains replacements. I wasn't carrying my camera because of shopping and went down to Croft Road today to photograph some 144 buses coming into the city as the Worcs. C.C. official website was showing Angel Street closed between 24 and 27 January 2022. However, a half hour wait in the cold only produced a Diamond 303 which is interesting as the old BMMO 315 and 316 services to Kidderminster and Stourbridge used to run via Croft Road as did the 144 to Birmingham. This photograph shows the relatively rare layout of the viaduct's arches which are at a noticeable angle rather than running through 'square' at a ninety degree angle.
Worcester 003.JPG

bmmoboy

Re: Under the arches Worcester.

Post by bmmoboy » 10:17 Thursday 27th January 2022

I was hoping to do the "old" (proper)144 route this week, as I was due to do two Bromsgroves yesterday - however, I am off sick with Covid so I have missed out.

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 15:16 Thursday 27th January 2022

bmmoboy wrote:
10:17 Thursday 27th January 2022
I was hoping to do the "old" (proper)144 route this week, as I was due to do two Bromsgroves yesterday - however, I am off sick with Covid so I have missed out.
Sorry to hear you are in isolation with Covid and hope you make a full and quick recovery.

Not sure whether the 144 buses were using Croft Road yesterday, I was disappointed that none appeared on Tuesday morning so must assume that Angel Street had been opened to buses only by then. On Monday I saw another operator's bus stuck in the Foregate Street bus lane opposite MacDonalds with nowhere to go!. Two police cars were parked on the Cross by Lloyds Bank, so I reckon the bus was driven towards the Cross and allowed to reverse into St Nicholas Street whilst PC's held the traffic back in those thoroughfares. There didn't appear to be any warning notices at the entrance to Foregate Street bus lane near St Mary's Street when my 37 turned into Castle Street, so there may have been a number of buses in the wrong place during Monday.

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 16:45 Saturday 29th January 2022

I'm fine, only symptoms are a head cold. Only took lateral flow test as wifey, lad and daughter-in-law all have it.

Return to “Diamond Bus (Rotala)”