Didn't see this coming

Subforum for Diamond Bus Limited of Tividale, Redditch and Kidderminster (formerly The Diamond Bus Company Limited, The Birmingham Omnibus Company Limited, Go West Midlands Limited, etc.
bmmoboy

Didn't see this coming

Post by bmmoboy » 19:47 Saturday 3rd June 2023

Michael

Re: Didn't see this coming

Post by Michael » 19:46 Monday 5th June 2023

As I understand it the whole business model of Diamond is to borrow large amounts of money from banks to buy businesses and sell them on for a profit - my sister who is an accountant says there is a term for this but I don't recall what it is!

I have noticed recently a lot of 20 reg double deckers in Birmingham so I guess they pulled all the good buses out first!!!

winston

Re: Didn't see this coming

Post by winston » 01:15 Thursday 15th June 2023

Michael wrote:
19:46 Monday 5th June 2023
As I understand it the whole business model of Diamond is to borrow large amounts of money from banks to buy businesses and sell them on for a profit - my sister who is an accountant says there is a term for this but I don't recall what it is!

I have noticed recently a lot of 20 reg double deckers in Birmingham so I guess they pulled all the good buses out first!!!
Rotala don't buy businesses to sell them on at all !

Rotala will be selling Bolton Bus Depot to TfGM & will also be selling 134 buses to Go North West as part of TfGM Bus Franchising Tranche 1, Go North West won the new Bolton Franchise from Sept 2023 & not Rotala.

Rotala have chosen to retain 25 of the newest Streetdecks from Bolton (21 plates) of which 17 are now based in the West Midlands due to min Euro 6 requirements from 1/5/23 ( 12 x Tividale, 5 x Redditch), the other 8 are still at Bolton.

Return to “Diamond Bus (Rotala)”