Midland Red South Traffic Commissioner Ruling

Vehicle and Fleet discussions for Midland Red (South) Limited (Stagecoach Midlands etc).
AdamH

Midland Red South Traffic Commissioner Ruling

Post by AdamH » 10:08 Wednesday 13th March 2019

https://cbwmagazine.com/midland-red-rec ... missioner/

As with all of these rulings, I can't help thinking it will be the public that suffers.

Ridercross

Re: Midland Red South Traffic Commissioner Ruling

Post by Ridercross » 12:03 Wednesday 13th March 2019

Yes, because this means service reductions for a month doesn't it? Unless it can hire vehicles from other Stagecoach subsidiaries, but not sure if that is allowed.

JustinTyme

Post by JustinTyme » 21:01 Friday 15th March 2019

The reduction in vehicles authorised by the West Midlands Traffic Commissioner may be manageable without affecting operations.

As is probably well known, Stagecoach Midlands reduced bus services across its territory on 5 January. The number of buses allocated to Warwickshire depots now is well under 200. Megabus coaches allocated to Rugby probably take the total to a little over 200, so at a guess (and I emphasise this is a guess) I would imagine a solution can be found.

MattW

Post by MattW » 18:17 Sunday 17th March 2019

The TC said that if such a failure is ever repeated then the complete loss of its right to operate would be the likely consequence.

Too right. Sometimes the buck has to stop after an incident like this which they had plenty of warning might happen.

Return to “Fleet Discussion”