Autumn service changes ??

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
willr7

Re: Autumn service changes ??

Post by willr7 » 08:52 Monday 21st August 2017

Ah okay that's interesting. Does that mean Besford/Defford will only be served on the peak time services as the 53 would have to turn off before reaching Besford to get to Drakes Broughton?

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 09:09 Monday 21st August 2017

willr7 wrote:
08:52 Monday 21st August 2017
Ah okay that's interesting. Does that mean Besford/Defford will only be served on the peak time services as the 53 would have to turn off before reaching Besford to get to Drakes Broughton?
It looks like that is the case for services by First.

These services have been drawn up by the local Parish Councils and Transport Action Group. Their initial requests were clearly the work of people who don't really understand how bus services work and in some cases were impossible to implement (no where for buses to turn round for example). First have been in long negotiations to tune these requests in to a workable plan which is what you will see from October.

Anyway, the point I'm slowly getting to is that in the initial request which I first saw before Chritmas, those villages would be served by a local Community Bus scheme, not operated by First. There was also talk of extending the Plumb Line services run by LMS. I'm not sure if this will still happen, but that was the thinking early on.

Meanwhile, Link to Service 51 timetable.

willr7

Post by willr7 » 09:19 Monday 21st August 2017

Right that makes sense. Thanks for all this information, I'll take a look at the timetable now...

willr7

Post by willr7 » 09:29 Monday 21st August 2017

I'm glad that all journeys will run via Drakes Broughton village. If your able to could you publish the S51 timetable next? :)

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 17:14 Wednesday 23rd August 2017

willr7 wrote:
09:29 Monday 21st August 2017
I'm glad that all journeys will run via Drakes Broughton village. If your able to could you publish the S51 timetable next? :)
I'm on it. Not much to that one as it's only one return journey on college days only.

Meanwhile, Mr David Robert Morris, better known as DRMbus, has spat his dummy out of the pram after loosing some of his contract work to First and has decided to end the reciprocal ticket agreement with First on Service 420. Therefore from the October service changes, First tickets will no longer be valid on DRM services, and likewise DRM tickets will no longer be valid on First services. First's afternoon Service 420 journey that is currently School Days Only will be re-registered to run on all Mondays to Fridays (not public holidays) as it was before July.

willr7

Post by willr7 » 12:07 Thursday 24th August 2017

Thanks, I was just interested to see if there would be any changes or additional journeys.

Mr DRM sound like a man not to mess with... :lol:

DD12

Post by DD12 » 17:31 Thursday 24th August 2017

AdamH wrote:
08:38 Monday 21st August 2017

Service 54 runs over the old Service 382 route, so goes over Eckington Bridge to and from the village and not The Combertons.
Thanks for all your all your time and effort Adam - at a very busy time for you !

- I look forward to seeing the details of the 54 when you have got time to put the timetable on here, - as yet I cannot tell whether it runs the old 382 route just between Pershore and Eckington , and via the London Road ( - as assumed by willr7 above) -
or whether it will use the Bath Road (?)

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 17:46 Thursday 24th August 2017

Bath Road for the 54. It's the 382 route as operated when First took over from Astons, so over the bridge in and out of Eckington and no more buses serving the Combertons.

I'm still adding timetables a few at a time. Use the "Pending Timetables" link on the Home page.

DD12

Post by DD12 » 18:49 Thursday 24th August 2017

Thanks Adam;
I was very pleased when First picked-up the 382 (when Astons dropped it), and the new 50's are the sort of result / network I was hoping for, - it's taken First a lot of hard work to "get there" !

I hope this arrangement will lend itself / adapt to the new opportunities of Norton Parkway; - and HOPEFULLY there will be a viable route through the new housing between Norton and Kempsey (with no low trees or bridges) :)

willr7

Post by willr7 » 19:59 Thursday 24th August 2017

I reckon the timetable will introduce a higher frequency between Worcester and the new parkway once its built. I would also hope to see the use of double deckers on this section too :D

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”