Autumn service changes ??

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
DD12

Re: Autumn service changes ??

Post by DD12 » 20:29 Tuesday 8th August 2017

AdamH wrote:
18:49 Tuesday 8th August 2017
There has been a subtle hint on the Home page for a while now, but nobody picked up on it! :roll:
Yes, well, - that was a bit subtle ! -
but that feature on the home page takes-on a whole new meaning now ! - subject to confirmation, that is. :D

DD12

Post by DD12 » 20:31 Tuesday 8th August 2017

Rich82 wrote:
19:31 Tuesday 8th August 2017
I have heard that that first have got the 417 service to Ledbury and the 675 Great Malvern to Ledbury service via West Malvern but not heard anything about 476 Ledbury to Hereford service which is also up for tender
Thanks Rich; - all very interesting and unexpected !

Rich82

Post by Rich82 » 20:34 Tuesday 8th August 2017

If what I have hear is right it will be a strong First Midland Red Presence back in Herefordshire but I believe drm have lost some services

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 20:59 Tuesday 8th August 2017

First did not tender for the 476.

Peter

Post by Peter » 22:21 Tuesday 8th August 2017

AdamH wrote:
20:59 Tuesday 8th August 2017
First did not tender for the 476.
Great to hear that First have won additional work, it sounds as if this is at the expense of Astons Coaches and maybe DRM. As far as I can see, DRM only run the 420/476/672. Running the 417 and 675 Worcester-Ledbury and Ledbury-Great Malvern is a good chance to build presence.

Do we know when the changes are effective from, guess we're talking early October for the 56 days' notice and what else, if anything, has been won!

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 23:04 Tuesday 8th August 2017

As Herefordshire Council have been slow to announce the results of the tendering they may choose to waver the normal notice period and start the work from September. This would make sense as some of the work is a schools contract and it would not be a good idea to change operator partway into the school term.

I don't know if this will happen, but if the normal notice period applies the changes wont happen until the second week in October at the earliest.

Peter

Post by Peter » 00:43 Wednesday 9th August 2017

AdamH wrote:
23:04 Tuesday 8th August 2017
As Herefordshire Council have been slow to announce the results of the tendering they may choose to waver the normal notice period and start the work from September. This would make sense as some of the work is a schools contract and it would not be a good idea to change operator partway into the school term.

I don't know if this will happen, but if the normal notice period applies the changes wont happen until the second week in October at the earliest.
Thanks for the helpful info as ever Adam!

There seems some discretion with the notice period if local authority change/special circumstance means that timetables can't be lodged the usual period in advance which probably applies here, they'll likely get 'short notice' registrations.

I guess this plus the potential Evesham improvements is why the PVR may increase and more E300s will be retained.

It'll be interesting to see what changes come to the existing city network, it'd be good to see 36 operating hours extended as a start, 32 and 44 corridors simplified further too.

I wonder also when some of the WCC 2014 tenders will be put out for renewal, scope for First to win some work there!

** I'd guess the associated school route 676 has also been won?**

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 13:29 Wednesday 9th August 2017

Some school routes are in the contract but I don't know the route numbers yet. One of them, Ledbury to Much Marcle, will require a Solo to be fitted with seat belts (two are being done so there is a spare). They will almost certain get these from the withdrawn Volvo Coach.

Peter

Post by Peter » 13:58 Wednesday 9th August 2017

AdamH wrote:
13:29 Wednesday 9th August 2017
Some school routes are in the contract but I don't know the route numbers yet. One of them, Ledbury to Much Marcle, will require a Solo to be fitted with seat belts (two are being done so there is a spare). They will almost certain get these from the withdrawn Volvo Coach.
Thanks for the info Adam! Makes good sense to use seatbelts from the Volvo coach which is coming up to 19 years old and is, I presume, unlikely to see service again. I guess it's useful for spare parts for the other Volvo coach too! Also good that it means the Solos will be around a while yet! Did anything ever come of the rumour about more modern coaches at Worcester?

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 14:19 Wednesday 9th August 2017

They have a load of seat belts in stock that were removed from the X50 Volvos, but it seems they won't fit in the Solos. Nothing has happened about new coaches yet. Every now and then they are mentioned but I think it is a low priority at the moment.

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”