Autumn service changes ??

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
marck

Re: Autumn service changes ??

Post by marck » 00:03 Saturday 19th August 2017

Shame no one at first thinks that customers use the 36A on Ombersley Road towards warndon and city on Sundays I've caught this service many times very reliable and used service!

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 07:47 Saturday 19th August 2017

marck wrote:
00:03 Saturday 19th August 2017
Shame no one at first thinks that customers use the 36A on Ombersley Road towards warndon and city on Sundays I've caught this service many times very reliable and used service!
That service was originally due to end in April but was then funded by WCC on a trial basis until the start of September. Unfortunately the number of passengers using the route is still very low so the Council have taken the decision to withdraw the funding, but because of the delays bringing in the changes this year there has been an additional six week extension. I know that's not much of a consultation to the passengers, but it has survived for six months longer than anyone expected.

I can't really comment from personal experience as it's a route I've never driven, but drivers who regularly work Sunday shifts tell me it often runs empty.

marck

Post by marck » 08:13 Saturday 19th August 2017

I must get on the journeys that are busy then shame to see it go looks like I'll have to walk up for the 144 then

willr7

Post by willr7 » 22:11 Saturday 19th August 2017

Just to let you all know, the timetables for the new Herefordshire contracts
(405/417/482/600/672/674/675/676) have been published on the First bus website under the 'forthcoming timetables' section! :D

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 22:41 Saturday 19th August 2017

I've made a start with publishing them on here too... Link. I'll do a few each day...

warndon

Post by warndon » 22:01 Sunday 20th August 2017

Which route are the 51, and 54 taking between Worcester and Pershore?

I see 52 and 53 are being interworked to provide an hourly service via Norton. It's certainly a positive change as that area is lacking in service.

Must say I am surprised by the amount of changes this year. First are really putting in the effort (with the resources available) to provide a quality service. :D

willr7

Post by willr7 » 08:26 Monday 21st August 2017

warndon wrote:
22:01 Sunday 20th August 2017
Which route are the 51, and 54 taking between Worcester and Pershore?

I see 52 and 53 are being interworked to provide an hourly service via Norton. It's certainly a positive change as that area is lacking in service.

Must say I am surprised by the amount of changes this year. First are really putting in the effort (with the resources available) to provide a quality service. :D
It is a very positive change seeming Norton and other villages on the 382 went from an hourly service to a service every two hours and then four hours with no Saturday service (use it or loose it is what they say) They are very lucky they will get an hourly service back. I just hope they use it now!

Regarding the routing so only know the Minor details at the moment. You are correct in saying that the 52/53 will run via Norton & Littleworth via Bath Road. Both running at a 2 hour frequency to provide an hourly service at off-peak times. I'll do a route summary below;

Service 52: Worcester - Norton - Littleworth - Pershore - Evesham
Service 53: Worcester - Norton - Littleworth - Pershore - Eckington

(Not sure weather they go via Stoulton or Wadborough after Littleworth. I presume one will and one won't, so presumably villages onwards will have a 2 hour frequency.)

Then the 51/54 services are the peak time services;

Service 51: Worcester - Pershore - Evesham (via London Rd)
Service 54: Worcester - Eckingron - Pershore (via London Rd)

Not sure weather the 54 will take the current 382 or 551 route to Eckington. I pressume the 51 will take the current 551 route. (Not sure on frequencies yet)

Also the X50 service will only run direct between Pershore & Evesham (limited stop) not carrying on to Worcester anymore. And Not to forget the 550 service from Worcester to Pershore college which will be renamed as service S51 which will basically run the same route on college days only.

Hope this helps :D

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 08:38 Monday 21st August 2017

Service 51 is more or less the same route as Service 551, although there are a few variations. Some journeys run via County Hall while others run direct via Whittington Road. Some run via Stoulton Loop while others run direct, and some go into Evesham past Avonside Hospital while journeys to the school do not. There are only 3 journeys in each direction each day on Mondays to Fridays intended to serve various schools or colleges.

Service 54 runs over the old Service 382 route, so goes over Eckington Bridge to and from the village and not The Combertons. Again, this is intended for school and college passengers with 3 outbound and 2 inbound jouneys on school days, reduced to 2 and 1 journeys on none school days.

Neither of these services run on Saturdays and Sundays. Most points on these routes are covered by new Service 52 and 53 throughout the off-peak daytime period, and with additional journeys on Saturdays. Service 44 will once again run up London Road on Saturdays to serve that area once the 551 is withdrawn.

willr7

Post by willr7 » 08:42 Monday 21st August 2017

Thanks, that was a much better explanation.

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 08:43 Monday 21st August 2017

willr7 wrote:
08:26 Monday 21st August 2017
...Not sure weather they go via Stoulton or Wadborough after Littleworth. I presume one will and one won't, so presumably villages onwards will have a 2 hour frequency...

...Not sure weather the 54 will take the current 382 or 551 route to Eckington. I pressume the 51 will take the current 551 route...
You posted while I was writing my last, see that post about the 51 and 54 times.

Service 52 runs via Stoulton, Service 53 via Wadborough. Both then run via Drakes Boughton and Pivin Cross Roads into Pershore past the Rail Station.

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”