Autumn service changes ??

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
DD12

Re: Autumn service changes ??

Post by DD12 » 19:42 Tuesday 15th August 2017

On today's Worcester News (website) is an article about forthcoming changes to the 44 - interesting and unexpected ones !!

(Sorry I cannot provide a link). :)

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 20:40 Tuesday 15th August 2017

I was under the impression the 'X' Service idea had been dropped, or at least put on hold for a while. Not sure the date given is set in stone either. The Bromwich Road bit is correct as that was originally going to be the X44 route, but the plans have been cut back a bit so it is no longer going to be a Limited Stop or Express service. As far as I know!

I've had dealings with Amos in the past and if he told me water is wet I'd ask for a second opinion, so I'm not listening to him.

chason

Post by chason » 09:22 Wednesday 16th August 2017

I got quite excited when I heard that there might be an X44 and/or an X43! A revival of the motorway express service perhaps? Memories came flooding back of many exhilerating journeys, particularly for me on a Saturday when many of the departures would be duplicated.

But then I guess, if ever they were to be revived, this wouldn't be a good time with the grossly incompetent Highways England creating mayhem on the M5 apparently for the next couple of years. The resulting traffic problems around Junction 4A would probably mean the previous 50 minute journey time would more likely to be be 1 hour 50!

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 14:24 Friday 18th August 2017

OK, some news!

I've had an email from the First Midlands MD this morning to say the changes are now fixed for Sunday 16th October, and I have copies of new timetables to publish if I wish. I'll do this over the next few days as it involves being at home on my PC.

I can report from my phone in the canteen that the route number X43 will return but alas it is only between Worcester and Malvern, every 30-minutes.

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 19:35 Friday 18th August 2017

Summery of October 16th Changes...

These are my own observations looking at the timetables, I may well have missed a few things.

30. Reduced to every 12-minutes off peak but using larger vehicles.
31. Split into two routes. Service 31 as before but every 30-minutes, plus new Service 31U running every 15-minutes.
31U. New service between Worcester City Centre and Worcester University. Running every 15-minutes.
32. Times adjusted
33 & 34. No change (that I can see)
35. Looks about the same as before.
36. Continues unchanged with WCC funding.
36A. Withdrawn due to no more WCC funding.
37. Looks about the same.
38. Certain peak-time journeys will run as new Service 38A.
38A. New Peak-time only direct between Worcester City Centre and Royal Hospital.
43. New Early morning and evening service running between Worcester, Malvern Vale, and Great Malvern.
X43. New daytime service between Worcester, Malvern Vale and Great Malvern. Runs every 30-minutes via Bromwich Road and omits Retail Park. Typical journey time 40-43 minutes.
44. Overall frequency reduced to every 15-minutes, certain journeys extended past County Hall to Royal Hospital.
44A. Withdrawn (see new service 43 and X43)
44B. Suspended during Winter Months.
44C. Withdrawn. All journeys now run as Service 44.
X44. New peak-time only service between Worcester City Centre and Link Top, omitting Retail Park. Typical journey time 38-43 minutes.
X50. All journeys run direct between Pershore and Evesham.
51. Peak-time service between Worcester, Pershore and Evesham to replace withdrawn Service 551.
S51. New service between Worcester and Pershore College to replace withdrawn Service 550. One return journey between Worcester and Pershore College on college days only.
52. Off-Peak service between Worcester, Pershore and Evesham to replace withdrawn Service 551. Runs every 2-hours.
53. Off-Peak service Worcester, Pershore, Eckington to replace withdrawn Service 382, running every two-hours. Interworked with Service 52 to give an hourly frequency between Worcester and Pershore.
54. Peak-Time service Worcester, Eckington and Pershore to replace withdrawn Service 382.
144 & 144A. No change.
332 & 333. New times. Certain 332 journeys now run as Service 333.
363. New times. Twyning no longer served, 1750 journey from Worcester terminates at Ryall.
373. New times.
382. Withdrawn. See new Service 53 and 54.
405. New Wednesday-only service Cradley to Hereford operated from 4th September under Herefordshire Council contract.
417. New service Worcester to Ledbury operated from 4th September under Herefordshire Council contract.
482. New Friday-only service Bromyard to Leominster operated from 4th September under Herefordshire Council contract.
550. Withdrawn and replaced by Service S51.
551. Withdrawn and replaced by new Service 51 and Service 52.
600. New Ledbury local service operated from 4th September under Herefordshire Council contract.
672 & 674. New service Bromyard to Ledbury operated from 4th September under Herefordshire Council contract.
675 & 676. New service Great Malvern to Ledbury operated from 4th September under Herefordshire Council contract.

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 20:13 Friday 18th August 2017

Rather annoyingly, after looking though all the timetables and writing out that previous post I found an email attachment that I had previous missed giving all the same information. :evil:

Thankfully I think I got it about right.

DD12

Post by DD12 » 20:27 Friday 18th August 2017

WOW !! - - I think that's the most significant lot of changes I've ever seen for WR !
It looks like the planners at FMR have been working VERY hard to deliver improvements for passengers ( - within budgetary and real-world constraints), and that some of the councils have also taken bus travel seriously as well !

I hope there will be enough vehicles and drivers for a successful launch, and that some of the less enthusiastic staff will "buy into this" step forwards and the future.

Good Luck all !!
:)

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 20:39 Friday 18th August 2017

Now you see why the September deadline slipped so much!

You will notice all the Worcester, Pershore, Evesham services are being renumbered in sequence, starting with (X)50 upto 54... There are being branded as "The 50s" and I have a sample of a new bus stop flag which I will post just as soon as I figure out how to convert a .jdf to a .jpg

willr7

Post by willr7 » 20:53 Friday 18th August 2017

WOW! Certainly a lot of changes this year. Must say i's actually quiet excited, especially for the new 50's! Does anyone know if any buses will be re-branded for the specific X50/51/52/53/54/S51 services? I would guess that the current 3 X50 branded Centro's would be the most likely candidates to be used...

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 22:31 Friday 18th August 2017

A few corrections to my list above...

Service 31 will not run through the University but will run via Comer Gardens in both directions (the old Citibus 26 route!)
Service 32A is withdrawn.
Service 44 will run to County Hall on Saturdays again (because 551 is withdrawn).
Both Service X43 and X44 run via Bromwich Road, not Bull Ring or Malvern Road.
Service 52 and 53 will run via Norton and Littleworth, not London Road.
Service 144 and 144A have minor timetable changes.

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”