Pandemic -- DD usage

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
DD12

Re: Pandemic -- DD usage

Post by DD12 » 16:22 Tuesday 19th January 2021

Adam V wrote:
10:55 Tuesday 19th January 2021
And there were DD's out on Sunday on the Malvern 44 and Dines Green 30 as well. Nice!!
I've very much enjoyed seeing StreetDecks on the Sunday 44 at various times since the first lockdown, -- --
-- to me, it makes the Worcester operation look more like one of the many successful ones around the country that use DDs in scenic areas !! :)

I have ridden DDs on the 44 many times since their re-introduction, but the pandemic restrictions on travel, and the constraints on pubs, mean I have not used them for "ages" :cry:

DD12

Post by DD12 » 14:42 Sunday 25th April 2021

https://bustimes.org/operators/first-mi ... d/vehicles

Up to seven DDs have been used on normal services today (Sunday).

I realise that people are going out and about more now, and I realise that DDs are better for social distancing, but I am still surprised !!

DD12

Post by DD12 » 19:00 Monday 17th May 2021

I have recently seen well loaded single-deckers on the X50 ( - EG: the 15.10 Crowngate departure today), and also on the 32S, several times, - having standees visible at Sidbury.

( - I hope the Blessed Edward Oldcorne school is happy with the latter, as it previously used a double-decker, - and there maybe a competitor or two, keen to take the work from First).

I really hope that First are "still trying", and will get at least two replacements for 33404 and 33405 !!

I also think that some capable of 60 MPH might be useful !!

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”