Next Service changes

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
bmmoboy

Re: Next Service changes

Post by bmmoboy » 19:58 Friday 29th May 2020

Hope you're paying him well!!!! - I've seen the pics

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 08:47 Sunday 31st May 2020

bmmoboy wrote:
19:58 Friday 29th May 2020
Hope you're paying him well!!!! - I've seen the pics
An unlimited supply of bacon butties 😲

Adam V

Post by Adam V » 22:00 Sunday 31st May 2020

Talking of services starting to change and increase, has anybody heard anything about LMS Travel starting some of their routes back up? Seems odd how Astons are still running their 19 and 21 service in Droitwich for instance but LMS aren't running their 20 to Westlands. Not to mention their Worcester 21, 24 and other stuff.

DD12

Post by DD12 » 11:18 Monday 1st June 2020

Adam V wrote:
22:00 Sunday 31st May 2020
Talking of services starting to change and increase, has anybody heard anything about LMS Travel starting some of their routes back up? Seems odd how Astons are still running their 19 and 21 service in Droitwich for instance but LMS aren't running their 20 to Westlands. Not to mention their Worcester 21, 24 and other stuff.
Yes, -- excuse me for being "thick", but I had already noticed that the county council's website - travel section has been "useless" for finding out if services like those above are running at all, -- and I've just looked on the LMS website and there is no notification or info.

Are there notices posted on the bus stops ?
In the exceptional circumstances of the pandemic, I guess everyone must assume that normal "services" of any kind will be suspended or disrupted, but in the example above, won't people be confused and annoyed if they see some local subsidised services running while others are not running, - and no info online - ??

(The Traveline website also, - understandably - appears to be not working adequately).

I know that the county council is in talks with Diamond (at least) about the future of the 303, so HOPEFULLY they are working on restarting as many missing services as possible, - bearing in mind all the current complications !!

Can anyone add-to, correct, or clarify the above, please ??

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 08:21 Tuesday 2nd June 2020

DD12 wrote:
11:18 Monday 1st June 2020
Adam V wrote:
22:00 Sunday 31st May 2020
Yes, -- excuse me for being "thick", but I had already noticed that the county council's website - travel section has been "useless" for finding out if services like those above are running at all, -- and I've just looked on the LMS website and there is no notification or info.

Are there notices posted on the bus stops ?
In the exceptional circumstances of the pandemic, I guess everyone must assume that normal "services" of any kind will be suspended or disrupted, but in the example above, won't people be confused and annoyed if they see some local subsidised services running while others are not running, - and no info online - ??

(The Traveline website also, - understandably - appears to be not working adequately).

I know that the county council is in talks with Diamond (at least) about the future of the 303, so HOPEFULLY they are working on restarting as many missing services as possible, - bearing in mind all the current complications !!

Can anyone add-to, correct, or clarify the above, please ??
It does have all the hallmarks of Worcestershire County Council funding being pulled on the local tendered services rum by LMS. As you reported DD12 (and no, you are by no means thick - astute I would say!) there is no information on County Council or LMS websites to inform the public of those withdrawn services.

Is LMS still running the W3 Park and Ride service from Six Ways to Worcestershire Royal Hospital on behalf of The Hospital Authority? If not, has the Covid 19 virus indirectly led to financial problems at LMS or worse?

Adam V

Post by Adam V » 08:51 Tuesday 2nd June 2020

As far as I am aware the W3 isn't running either. Which would mean it's all LMS routes that are missing.

I know it's upsetting a few residents on Westlands Estate Droitwich who rely on the 20 but not sure if any of them have found a way of getting a answer as to if and when service will resume.

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 18:04 Tuesday 2nd June 2020

Word on the street is that LMS chose to close their doors and claim their 80% furlough money form the government, rather than fight it out with a reduced service.

Website and bus stop information will be hard to find as these have not been considered essential jobs and the people that do them have been sent home.

Adam V

Post by Adam V » 21:35 Tuesday 2nd June 2020

Thanks for the info Ad.

Adam V

Post by Adam V » 07:48 Wednesday 3rd June 2020

Looks like we may be getting the 303 service back

https://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/ ... ute-saved/

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 11:41 Wednesday 3rd June 2020

Adam V wrote:
07:48 Wednesday 3rd June 2020
Looks like we may be getting the 303 service back

https://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/ ... ute-saved/
Which is good news, but as of 11-30 am today, Diamond Bus Worcestershire website still indicating the 303 as withdrawn. Interesting to see what the new timetable looks like and whether an hourly frequency is retained. Even so, it is all a bit academic because the average punter is banned from using public transport unless going to work or for essential reasons. Being a car owner I am unable to justify using the bus or train at present. Couldn't help noticing the seats with no entry banners on a First Bus Streetlite Max this morning when it passed me empty.

The World Health Organisation now claims that social distancing of ONE Metre is just as effective as two metres, and latest reports claim that it is mainly the over 60 age group, especially the over 80's who are most at risk, closely followed by those of Asian and Afro-Caribbean background. The under 40's and in particular children are least likely to be infected.

Being 75 years of age and in the high risk category, I ordered some re-useable face masks on 6 May 2020 as advertised in a daily newspaper with promised 3-4 days delivery - still no sign and the suppliers haven't answered my e-mail sent last Thursday; looks like I have fallen prey to scam merchants, so beware!

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”