New Malvern branding

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
bmmoboy

New Malvern branding

Post by bmmoboy » 08:28 Wednesday 5th February 2020

The new Malvern branding has been announced, it will be called Spa, and the livery is sky blue at the front, with navy blue at the rear. The Citaro vehicles for the service have already been refurbished internally, but no details yet as to when they will arrive, or the launch date.

AdamH

Re: New Malvern branding

Post by AdamH » 09:02 Wednesday 5th February 2020

Is the name chosen so they can also be used in Droitwich? 🤣

DD12

Post by DD12 » 10:46 Wednesday 5th February 2020

Sounds cr*p !! -- -- I don't like the idea of the 3 StreetDecks used, being repainted in that colour scheme.
:(

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 12:05 Wednesday 5th February 2020

bmmoboy wrote:
08:28 Wednesday 5th February 2020
The new Malvern branding has been announced, it will be called Spa, and the livery is sky blue at the front, with navy blue at the rear. The Citaro vehicles for the service have already been refurbished internally, but no details yet as to when they will arrive, or the launch date.
The two tone blue sounds suspiciously like the latest Diamond Bus livery which is quite attractive, but makes me wonder if there is another link in the near future and not just the one at foot of The Malverns i.e. a change of ownership; are Rotala interested?

The SPA branding might lead to some interesting new routes; how about Tenbury Wells-Droitwich Spa-Malvern Wells-Cheltenham Spa. Things may become a little confused if SPAR retail chain decide to do a nationwide bus advertising campaign!

Seriously though, why are we getting more dirty exhaust Citaros and why send them to pollute the erstwhile clean air of the Malverns when the company previously ran relatively clean exhaust standard Streetdecks and Streetlite max on the 44s? An environmentally backward step, reprehensible in my opinion.

MattW

Post by MattW » 16:11 Wednesday 5th February 2020

Who'll be first to spot one on the 144? :twisted:

ANDREW

Post by ANDREW » 17:53 Wednesday 5th February 2020

AdamH wrote:
09:02 Wednesday 5th February 2020
Is the name chosen so they can also be used in Droitwich? 🤣
My immediate thoughts also . . . . . Mind you , if the 144 gets truncated further , then maybe a Malvern to Droitwich service may appear - Spa Express anyone ??

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 19:48 Wednesday 5th February 2020

Here is the new livery
Attachments
spa livery.jpg

willr7

Post by willr7 » 20:16 Wednesday 5th February 2020

Why change something which doesn't need changing!
I don't like the name spa (It's very simplistic & doesn't make me think of Malvern - It should be based on the Malvern Hills) The current Malvern's logos would be fine (maybe they could have just been tweaked to fit the new blue base colours) :roll:

Also, I thought they were planning on finishing the Riversider livery before starting the Malverns upgrade. (I guess they are still trying to find an additional 'newer' Solo to use!) Would've just been quicker to order two brand new Solo SRs (We wish!) :lol:

DD12

Post by DD12 » 20:36 Wednesday 5th February 2020

willr7 wrote:
20:16 Wednesday 5th February 2020
Why change something which doesn't need changing!
I don't like the name spa (It's very simplistic & doesn't make me think of Malvern - It should be based on the Malvern Hills) The current Malvern's logos would be fine (maybe they could have just been tweaked to fit the new blue base colours) :roll:
I agree !!

However, IF the shades of blue are , in reality, the same as they appear on my laptop (above), then the appearance is not as bad as I was expecting !

Perhaps blue has been chosen to match the amount of water that floods up to the Powick roundabout, most years !

Also, -- I would prefer a day-return ticket between St.Johns and Malvern Link to cost £4.50 instead of £6.50 -- -- it's only a short distance, and that fare will discourage users !!

willr7

Post by willr7 » 20:40 Wednesday 5th February 2020

bmmoboy wrote:
08:28 Wednesday 5th February 2020
I imagine the hold up is due to the fact that Slough have still not received any vehicles to replace them...

Due to more service cuts at Slough, it appears they have acheived a PVR reduction (Like Worcester) This has meant that 3 Citaro's have not been in service for two weeks. (64032, 64039 & 64046) So I imagine these will be the first (of the 11/13?) to arrive.
But until Slough receives some extra vehicles I presume the others cannot be released.

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”