Fare marketing contradiction.

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
TimBrown

Fare marketing contradiction.

Post by TimBrown » 10:17 Saturday 28th December 2019

Took this shot in Crowngate today for comments about the strange mixture of fare messages which diifer greatly between the roof side above the windows and main body of bus below windows.

Which applies, £6-50 or £ 4-00 and for what areas?
28 Dec. 2019 Worcester buses 004.JPG

willr7

Re: Fare marketing contradiction.

Post by willr7 » 10:59 Saturday 28th December 2019

Thanks for sharing this Tim. This is something that confuses me... I presume the £4 should have been removed at the same time the £6.50 figure was applied... If ticket advertisement/promotion is not kept up to date then, in my opinion, they may as well not bother as it just causes unnecessary confusion to passengers. :roll:

The First website advertises the following Adult day tickets;
City - £4.70
County - £6.50
Network - £7.50

So I suggest that the advertising on the side of the bus needs to be more clear & state that it is £6.50 for Unlimited travel across the county for the Day!
Where the £4 came from I can't remember, I guess the City day ticket was £4 at some point?

For example - The ticket adverts on the remaining 3 Malvern StreetLites is clearer as it reads "day ticket - £6.50" and explains that you get unlimited travel on the 44 & local buses in Worcester & Malvern.

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 09:19 Wednesday 1st January 2020

There are many discrepancies with the promotions of fares. On the back of several vehicles there is the old advert promotion the "Five for a Fiver" offer, but with no actual price. This is now a "Weekender" ticket, price £8, which is valid for travel from 6.0 pm on Friday through until Sunday. The fact that there are no buses on services 31, 32, 34, 37 and 38 on Sundays doesn't make this offer quite as attractive!

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 13:08 Wednesday 1st January 2020

bmmoboy wrote:
09:19 Wednesday 1st January 2020
There are many discrepancies with the promotions of fares. On the back of several vehicles there is the old advert promotion the "Five for a Fiver" offer, but with no actual price. This is now a "Weekender" ticket, price £8, which is valid for travel from 6.0 pm on Friday through until Sunday. The fact that there are no buses on services 31, 32, 34, 37 and 38 on Sundays doesn't make this offer quite as attractive!
Not good for relations between driver and passenger - no doubt leads to some colourful exchanges!

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”