The 44 !

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
DD12

The 44 !

Post by DD12 » 17:10 Tuesday 10th December 2019

When the StreetDecks were introduced onto the Malvern services, I was "very relieved", because for YEARS I had been seeing very fully loaded single-deckers (with lots of standees).

The frequency advertised on these StreetDecks was "every ten minutes".
On the first day of their operation I rode one from Malvern to Worcester, and it was almost full by St.Johns (people boarding were saying it was 10 mins late, or that the previous one had been missed-off).

Now the daytime off-peak 44 is every twenty minutes, and there are a lot more serious traffic jams along the route, so surely MOST of the buses on the 44 should be Double
- Deckers, ( - which isn't the case) ??

-- Is anyone seeing overloaded single-deckers on the 44, - or has the number of passengers dropped dramatically on the Worcester Malvern section ??

:?:

MattW

Re: The 44 !

Post by MattW » 19:33 Tuesday 10th December 2019

I generally only see the 44 in Malvern during the afternoon or evening, and I don't remember the last time I saw a really busy one. I do often see two close together though.

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”