FMR Changes from Jan 2020.

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
TimBrown

Re: FMR Changes from Jan 2020.

Post by TimBrown » 05:37 Wednesday 11th December 2019

DD12 wrote:
21:45 Tuesday 10th December 2019
Some of the new timetables are now on the First website.
Regarding the 37 operating from 05 January 2020, that peculiar Monday to Friday 09-18 am timing from Green Lane into the City has been moved to 09-35 am meaning we concessionary pass holders can use it without having to pay £2-80 single or £4-70 return. Sadly nothing has been done to fill the gap between the 32S school bus at 07-50 am and the above mentioned 09-35 am 37 service leaving a 105 minute i.e. 1 hour 45 minute gap in the peak period! Admittedly the Diamond 303 runs past the New Inn at 08-14 and 09-14.

Happily, the Saturday 37 service has been retained thanks to the efforts of City Councillor Mel Allcott and County Councillor Andy Stafford and maybe by locals actually using the service? Surprisingly, whilst the weekday 37 has been now given more realistic timings, the ridiculously short round trip journey time of 25 minutes Crowngate-Green Lane-Crowngate has not been changed on Saturdays, which will lead to late running and missed trips when traffic gets heavy in the city from mid-morning onwards.

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 11:17 Wednesday 11th December 2019

To be fair, the distance between the main entrance to the existing stop is around 20 yards, and to the Childrens Dept is around 35 yards, it is not a huge difference, and if it makes the service more reliable, will not be a real inconvenience.
Another reason for the change is the fact that the company is suffering from around 2 - 3 accidents per week, with the irresponsible parking and lack of enforcement.

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 12:02 Wednesday 11th December 2019

bmmoboy wrote:
11:17 Wednesday 11th December 2019
To be fair, the distance between the main entrance to the existing stop is around 20 yards, and to the Childrens Dept is around 35 yards, it is not a huge difference, and if it makes the service more reliable, will not be a real inconvenience.
Another reason for the change is the fact that the company is suffering from around 2 - 3 accidents per week, with the irresponsible parking and lack of enforcement.
The design of the hospital is back to front and all on the wrong level! The main entrance should have been where A & E is situated with proper car parks opposite, where the commercial offices are situated. Being increasingly slow and unwieldy on my feet I find the existing gradient from both bus stops into the main entrance quite difficult to manage especially when descending the gradients in either direction.

Accepting where it is now situated, I cannot for the life of me understand why the main entrance is on what is basically the first floor and not on the same ground level as the Childrens Hospital entrance. If that had been done and the whole frontage mound removed, the disabled car park would have been on the level as well. I expect it was all to do with the cost estimate of PFI (Private Finance Initiative) and overrunning the build budget despite it costing the taxpayer millions since in interest/lease charges per annum which will continue for fifty years or so since it was commissioned.

bmmoboy

Post by bmmoboy » 21:09 Wednesday 11th December 2019

Totally agree Tim - the whole hospital is poorly designed. One more example is when it is busy, mid afternoon, with cars trying to get onto the roundabout at Newtown Road, any ambulance trying to get from A and E back out onto the main road suffers from potential life threatening delays.
I think that the A and E should be moved to the building currently being refurbished, I think it is Aconbury, and roads installed so that ambulances can get in and out of the grounds with out getting stuck.
Another suggestion is to put investment back into Kidderminster and Redditch hospitals with A and E facilities - thus relieving the pressure from Worcester. This would mean less traffic trying to get into the overcrowded grounds. I haven't noticed any of our election candidates pushing for this - I think it could have been a vote winner.

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”