Buses serving Norton Parkway

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
chason

Re: Buses serving Norton Parkway

Post by chason » 11:57 Monday 24th February 2020

TimBrown wrote:
06:00 Monday 24th February 2020
Adam V wrote:
15:18 Sunday 23rd February 2020
It is shocking how badly advertised this has been. So poor.
This may be because the station opening date has been on and off for months now and we only found out when it would be opening about a fortnight ago. I must admit that it was unexpected that the bus working X50 yesterday Sunday 23 February 2020 actually had new vinyls advertising that the bus calls in at Parkway as it must take time to design and commission these. The short notice would also go some way to explaining lack of advertising at bus stops and also lack of household letter drops in the City and surrounding area. Was advertising put in local Worcester News paper by GWR or First Bus or Worcestershire County Council?
BBC Hereford and Worcester both yesterday and today have given it a decent amount of publicity but not helped by Councillor Pollock in a misleading interview saying that besides the trains on the Cotswold line, it would also be served by Cross Country trains from Cardiff to Nottingham, adding unhelpfully that it was hoped that at a later date it was hoped there would be trains also to Birmingham! Somebody needs to tell him that New Street is on the way to Nottingham.

Ridercross

Post by Ridercross » 12:00 Monday 24th February 2020

TimBrown wrote:
13:25 Sunday 23rd February 2020
willr7 wrote:
12:09 Sunday 23rd February 2020

I'm now questioning whether this is just a one-off Sunday operation if it's free! And there is no TT anywhere other than on the link I put on here!

Also, Looking at the TT, it will be a struggle for the driver to keep to time - with only 2 minutes turnaround at each end! :shock:
My guess would be that it was rushed through without the 42 days notice needed to give Traffic Commissioners of changes to a stage carriage service, and that a free bus was the only alternative to no bus at all. Must be heavily subsidised and paid for by Worcs. C.C. i.e. the taxpayer.

Link to Govt site with service change regulations.
https://www.gov.uk/run-local-bus-servic ... us-service
I would have thought that the supplementary form 350A could have been used if necessary in this. Certainly it was impossible to give the notice period and the local authority would certainly have supported the short notice application as they are behind it.

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 11:53 Tuesday 25th February 2020

Ridercross wrote:
12:00 Monday 24th February 2020
TimBrown wrote:
13:25 Sunday 23rd February 2020

My guess would be that it was rushed through without the 42 days notice needed to give Traffic Commissioners of changes to a stage carriage service, and that a free bus was the only alternative to no bus at all. Must be heavily subsidised and paid for by Worcs. C.C. i.e. the taxpayer.

Link to Govt site with service change regulations.
https://www.gov.uk/run-local-bus-servic ... us-service
I would have thought that the supplementary form 350A could have been used if necessary in this. Certainly it was impossible to give the notice period and the local authority would certainly have supported the short notice application as they are behind it.
Thanks Ridercross. As a bus driver I was never allowed near the admin side despite almost a quarter of a century in manufacturing industry doing office admin jobs. So any information on bus licencing has been picked up from website forums such as this. Attached is a link to Form 350A;

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... May_18.pdf

JustinTyme

Post by JustinTyme » 19:18 Tuesday 25th February 2020

A similar situation occurred a couple of years ago, when Kenilworth Station finally opened. As with Worcestershire Parkway the station opening day was confirmed at very short notice, but Stagecoach Midlands were allowed a short notice variation by the Traffic Commissioner to provide a Station Link service.

The service (which ran Mon-Fri peaks) and just ran round the town didn't last long.
Warwickshire County Council ended funding due to very little use. Rerouting an existing service, as has happened with the X50, should be a much better bet.

Matt560Breese

Post by Matt560Breese » 23:28 Wednesday 26th February 2020

I still think the could exstend both the 32 and 45 to give better links

exstend the 32 via Norton and then out on to the pershore rd before the bridge

Charliedaffin

Post by Charliedaffin » 08:50 Thursday 27th February 2020

came across this on twitter, looks like this driver doesnt know where hes going, but at least theres a dd on the route! x50 branded streetdecks anyone 🤷‍♂️
Attachments
E96ACDAD-0D3E-443D-B1B0-94ADF4ECB772.png

DD12

Post by DD12 » 18:33 Monday 9th March 2020

Just revealed on "Notices + Proceedings", is a change to timetable(s) in the X50/51/S51 "folder", due April 12th.
-- we will have to wait for the First Worcestershire website to put the info in the "Forthcoming Timetables" section, unless bmmoboy can tell us what's afoot (?)

-- obviously might not be anything more than minor adjustment (s) !!

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”