October changes

Bus and Coach operations, new or changed services and timetables for First Midland Red Buses Limited or its predecessor, Midland Red West Limited.
Mel Allcott

Re: October changes

Post by Mel Allcott » 07:41 Sunday 6th October 2019

I note with particular concern, the proposal to remove the 37 bus Saturday service. Over 6,000 residents live in Claines, many retired and unable to use a car. Furthermore, the residents with mobility problems and families without a car or the regular use of a car.

The service appears to be losing just £50 a day. S106 funding will have been paid by Bellway, in relation to the new development. Plans for the development included a bus route through and a new bus stop was created, very close to an existing bus stop, on Ombersley Road !

I am following this up as a City Councillor (although fits with the remit if a County Councillor which I am not yet unfortunately).

Please do sign my petition online, the link is below.

Thank you, Mel,
Cllr Mel Allcott, Claines Ward, Worcester City Council.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/ ... us-service

MattW

Post by MattW » 15:00 Thursday 10th October 2019

Two new bus shelters have appeared on Drake Street in Welland, so I hope there's going to be a service around to use them!

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 04:16 Friday 11th October 2019

Mel Allcott wrote:
07:41 Sunday 6th October 2019
I note with particular concern, the proposal to remove the 37 bus Saturday service. Over 6,000 residents live in Claines, many retired and unable to use a car. Furthermore, the residents with mobility problems and families without a car or the regular use of a car.

The service appears to be losing just £50 a day. S106 funding will have been paid by Bellway, in relation to the new development. Plans for the development included a bus route through and a new bus stop was created, very close to an existing bus stop, on Ombersley Road !

I am following this up as a City Councillor (although fits with the remit if a County Councillor which I am not yet unfortunately).

Please do sign my petition online, the link is below.

Thank you, Mel,
Cllr Mel Allcott, Claines Ward, Worcester City Council.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/ ... us-service
Thanks Mel for your efforts in trying to retain our local 37 bus service, I wasn't entirely clear on the definition of an S106 contract so looked up on the web for some information and found the attached link to an official government site;

https://www.local.gov.uk/pas/pas-topics ... s-overview

DD12

Post by DD12 » 14:49 Friday 11th October 2019

I'm very pleased and interested to see the new Astons 332 workings, which are subsidised by the county council.
Although Kempsey only has a service of roughly every two hours (Monday-Friday AM and lunchtime), compared to every half hour previously, that's still better than nothing !

I'm "intrigued" that the C.C. has chosen to provide the full 332 route to Upton (via the A38), restoring a useful service for Severn Stoke, Kinnersley, and Earls Croome, and serving Ryall, and adding Hanley Castle at the end -- -- people (like me) living alongside the A38, will be able to have a lunchtime visit to Upton, and the Three Kings at Hanley Castle !!

Unfortunately there will be no late afternoon / early-evening service from Upton to Worcester -- there were 5 of us on it yesterday -- I wonder how much subsidy First want for this bus ( - the 17.33, 363) , - bearing in mind it's going back to Worcester anyway ??

I see that First have also dropped the final 420 (Mon-Fri) from Bromyard -- which also will be returning to Worcester "off-service" !!

https://www.astons-coaches.co.uk/wp-con ... etable.pdf

AdamH

Post by AdamH » 15:04 Friday 11th October 2019

The AM 420 journey from Bromyard to Worcester will only run as far as Dines Green and then it changes to a 30. Passengers can ride through but must do a lap of the estate.

DD12

Post by DD12 » 15:45 Friday 11th October 2019

I have just (reluctantly) re-joined Facebook (as I've been missing-out on some bus news), and I've found an interesting piece by our MD about the Kempsey cuts and OAP passes.

I will paste a link and hope it works -- -- you may be able to scroll down to September 12th to read it !!

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q= ... SEARCH_BOX

DD12

Post by DD12 » 16:05 Friday 11th October 2019

Sorry, I forgot to mention he also talks briefly, about "Section 106" money !!

marck

Post by marck » 12:03 Monday 14th October 2019

I've noticed the 37 service has been operating with tridents today no single deckers! Seems a bit odd when they say there are insufficient customer numbers to put a bus that size on all day!

willr7

Post by willr7 » 12:59 Monday 14th October 2019

marck wrote:
12:03 Monday 14th October 2019
I've noticed the 37 service has been operating with tridents today no single deckers! Seems a bit odd when they say there are insufficient customer numbers to put a bus that size on all day!
Yep, just seen 33403 on Hilcrest Drive - to empty to warrant a DD with only 1 visible passenger :roll:

TimBrown

Post by TimBrown » 13:17 Monday 14th October 2019

willr7 wrote:
12:59 Monday 14th October 2019
marck wrote:
12:03 Monday 14th October 2019
Yep, just seen 33403 on Hilcrest Drive - to empty to warrant a DD with only 1 visible passenger :roll:
33403 seems to be working each trip today, probably made possible by cutting the round journey time to 25 minutes, a cut of 9 minutes overall (please amend if I have this figure wrong!). This timing is as tight as when we were operating Varios on this route so expect some late running at peak periods.

Return to “Services, Routes and Timetables”